A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:18:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Lankford walking around Downtown today  (Read 5136 times)
davideinstein
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:20:52 pm »

He just came into the shop and introduced himself to all of us. Good to see grassroots campaigning still alive. I'm an Independent, but he seems like the better choice over Shannon in the primary.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 02:33:17 pm »

And then he probably went and bought something off a food truck.

Sorry couldn’t resist  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »

He just came into the shop and introduced himself to all of us. Good to see grassroots campaigning still alive. I'm an Independent, but he seems like the better choice over Shannon in the primary.

Based on  Shannon's commercials/fliers he is full of a an angry person.  Not sure level of hatred is a leadership quality.
davideinstein
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:03:37 pm »

Cheesy
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

Based on  Shannon's commercials/fliers he is full of a an angry person.  Not sure level of hatred is a leadership quality.

If that's the case, then ALL of the Republicans sniping at each other this primary season seem to have that same character quality.  Or at least their campaign managers do.  I'm glad to be rid of all the commercials abotu Baressi/Shannon/Lankford/et al

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 03:31:32 pm »

If that's the case, then ALL of the Republicans sniping at each other this primary season seem to have that same character quality.  Or at least their campaign managers do.  I'm glad to be rid of all the commercials abotu Baressi/Shannon/Lankford/et al

My understanding is the attack ads regarding Lankford and Shannon were from PACs and not directed by their own campaigns.

The Baressi/Hoffmeister square off has been a cat fight on steroids.  I sure hope Baressi gets tossed, what a turd she’s been.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »

Just an angry black guy I suppose...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »

With any luck...

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:55:49 pm »

Large turnout at my polling station.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »

I agree. Our home phone(whats that?)has rang more in the last week than it has all year.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 03:59:28 pm »

My understanding is the attack ads regarding Lankford and Shannon were from PACs and not directed by their own campaigns.

The Baressi/Hoffmeister square off has been a cat fight on steroids.  I sure hope Baressi gets tossed, what a turd she’s been.

Yeah, but ya still gotta love a good cat fight!! 

They're the best!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »

Just an angry black guy I suppose...

Don't jump to conclusions. He's not black. He is African American and Native American. He has the support of the tribes.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 05:12:29 pm »

Don't jump to conclusions. He's not black. He is African American and Native American. He has the support of the tribes.

That is sad.  I expect better from that half of the family.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »

Which does he consider to be the bigger influence in his life? Prez O is half white but mostly considers himself black.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »

Probably depends on what audience he's speaking to. I don't follow him, just heard it on OSU NPR.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org