A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 11:29:16 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen Calamari Rings  (Read 10554 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: July 21, 2014, 02:32:47 am »

Any idea where I can buy some locally? Please, no restaurants. I know that.  Cheesy

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:32:28 am »

Nam Hi.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11:15 am »

Nam Hi.

If you can get by the pervasive urine-like smell. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:40:04 am »

Petty's doesn't have that?  Seems like it would be in their lineup...

Wow!  That's a tough one - you come up with some doozies...!

The last couple times we went to Olive Garden, their calamari was astonishingly (and surprisingly) decent!  I would like to know where they get theirs, so I could try to duplicate.  Maybe if could find their wholesaler?

Maybe they can ship to you?
http://www.kpseafood.com/about-us/

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:49:49 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:06 am »

And I found this....careful what you wish for!!   Counterfeit calamari....who woulda thought....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/imitation-calamari-sliced-pig-rectum_n_2482063.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:19:25 am »

You might call this place, they ship fedex and maybe they ship frozen that way.

http://www.fishermenswharforegon.com/details.php?itemid=91
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:15 pm »

Nam Hi.

Nam Hai is opening a new store on the opposite corner of 21st and Garnett. Hopefully it won't smaell as bad for a little while. They really have a cool selection of weird things.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:34:40 pm »

Petty's doesn't have that?  Seems like it would be in their lineup...

Wow!  That's a tough one - you come up with some doozies...!

http://www.kpseafood.com/about-us/

It ain't me. It's my 8 y/o.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:13 pm »

It ain't me. It's my 8 y/o.

Good kid!!  Great taste!!  You and wife have got to be doing something very correct!!!

How about escargot?  Does the kid like that?  I have been thinking about starting a snail ranch....sell some to help support my "bad" habit of eating snails!!  Fresh, organic, locally sourced escargot...??   Made in Oklahoma!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:30 pm »

Good kid!!  Great taste!!  You and wife have got to be doing something very correct!!!

How about escargot?  Does the kid like that?  I have been thinking about starting a snail ranch....sell some to help support my "bad" habit of eating snails!!  Fresh, organic, locally sourced escargot...??   Made in Oklahoma!!

Think about this for a moment. Could you imagine being 8 again, and asking mom and dad for sushi, or last week demanding more buffalo sauce in your cajun dirty rice, or complaining about using flavored yogurt in a dessert (instead of plain) or complaining about too much ginger in jerk chicken? That's what I have raised. And ain't anything correct about that...Smiley  As for escargot, I am sure both my kids and I would eat that, my wife probably not.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:42:31 am »

You serious about the snail ranch?  I'd buy them.  I've thought more than once about doing that as a hobby thing, but couldn't' muster up the energy to set it up.   I'd do local mushrooms too, if you expanded the idea.

And Guido, I second Heirony's atta-boy.  Teach kids early to not be afraid of "strange" food and to know the difference between what's real and what's not.  I succeeded with one, and failed (so far) with another.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:55:41 am »

Think about this for a moment. Could you imagine being 8 again, and asking mom and dad for sushi, or last week demanding more buffalo sauce in your cajun dirty rice, or complaining about using flavored yogurt in a dessert (instead of plain) or complaining about too much ginger in jerk chicken? That's what I have raised. And ain't anything correct about that...Smiley  As for escargot, I am sure both my kids and I would eat that, my wife probably not.

I have a grandkid that does pretty much all that stuff!  As can probably be deduced, I travel quite a bit and was in a pattern for a couple years where would always get home Friday evening, she was living with me, and the calls would start in early afternoon..."What's for dinner?  Can we go get sushi?"  Mea culpa - I let her develop expensive tastes by spoiling her rotten!  Then she got married and had a kid....EYE OPENER moment!!   She is learning ALL the nuances of cooking bologna!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:22 am »

You serious about the snail ranch?  I'd buy them.  I've thought more than once about doing that as a hobby thing, but couldn't' muster up the energy to set it up.   I'd do local mushrooms too, if you expanded the idea.

And Guido, I second Heirony's atta-boy.  Teach kids early to not be afraid of "strange" food and to know the difference between what's real and what's not.  I succeeded with one, and failed (so far) with another.

Serious as a heart attack...got the land space and working on infrastructure, but still a year or little more away...sadly!  Want to make it big enough to supply local restaurants if any are interested.  Just want to get enough money to support my 'bad habit' of eating snails!!  i.e. - I get to eat free!!

Mushrooms sound really good and are absolutely on the list, but there will be a learning curve for me - will be the second wave of crop....my big crop of 'shrooms' is the white "Fairy ring" in the yard!  Not real edible....

Also planning (long term) to try to make some frog ponds to grow bull frogs for legs!!  Love frog legs!!  They are pretty tough to 'farm', though....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 11:11:13 am »

Maybe I should start a Kickstarter project....

rebound
City Father

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »

Maybe I should start a Kickstarter project....

I didn't realize until recently that people who contribute to kickstarter don't get any long-term compensation. It's basically just asking for free money.   I had always thought (although I had not really paid attention) that Kickstarter was similar to an open stock offering, with some kind of incentive if the company actually made it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org