A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:25:51 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Space immediately North of The Tavern (Brady District)  (Read 34369 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« on: January 15, 2015, 03:13:41 pm »

Anyone know what is going on there?  Note, this appears to be different the GKFF work on the SE corner of Cameron St. & Main Street.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 03:19:26 pm »

GKFF has a master lease for all of the buildings from Brady to Cameron and Main east back to the alley.  These buildings have very cool plans, but not sure what is ready to be made public.  Expect office, retail and lofts.  I've heard the alley will be updated to be a pedestrian friendly space.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

More Teach for America Lofts or will they be open to anyone?

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:54:26 pm »

Alley being opened up for pedestrians? Could be cool..
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »

Anyone know what is going on there?  Note, this appears to be different the GKFF work on the SE corner of Cameron St. & Main Street.

Isn't the SE corner of Cameron & Main going to be a brew pub ran by Prairie Artisan Ales? If not, that is going in somewhere north of the Tavern on Main.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

Isn't the SE corner of Cameron & Main going to be a brew pub ran by Prairie Artisan Ales? If not, that is going in somewhere north of the Tavern on Main.

Hadn’t heard that one.  I knew Marshall’s was rumored to be part of one near the ball park.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 12:47:59 pm »

That would be effin awesome.  I've been wondering if they would keep the Chandler Park facility or open something in or near downtown for their 3.2 offerings after they move to Mounds.  I love Prairie, but I'm probably not going to drive that far very often for growler fills.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:54:21 pm »

I don't know..after finding out that growler fills were limited to just 3.2, I was like 'what's the point?'.  Peer pressure however is starting to take hold.  If a low point beer can have full flavor, I'd be all for it.  It just seems however that would be difficult and my palate would know the difference.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:10:22 pm »

I don't know..after finding out that growler fills were limited to just 3.2, I was like 'what's the point?'.  Peer pressure however is starting to take hold.  If a low point beer can have full flavor, I'd be all for it.  It just seems however that would be difficult and my palate would know the difference.

There are lots of low point beers that are full flavor.  There has been low point beer brewed since its inception.  Just because bud and bud light are flavorless has nothing to do with its alcohol content.  I've had the Marshall and Prairie low point growler offerings and they are pretty darn good.  Coop Brewery in Oklahoma City sells three varieties of low point beer in grocery stores and all three are even better than the local growler beers in my opinion.  Low point beers have a stigma because of the stupid law in Oklahoma that uses 3.2 as some sort of significant threshhold.  It's not.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/12/10/368038601/for-more-drinking-with-less-buzzing-session-beers-gain-fans
TeeDub
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 02:31:50 pm »

Low point beers have a stigma because of the stupid law in Oklahoma that uses 3.2 as some sort of significant threshhold.  It's not.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/12/10/368038601/for-more-drinking-with-less-buzzing-session-beers-gain-fans

Plus remember, our is 3.2 alcohol by weight and most others are measured in alcohol by volume.

If you were to measure our 3.2% (by weight) beer in the same fashion as everyone else (by volume), they're really 4.0% beers. This percentage is in many cases just slightly less than the average alcohol content of most mainstream beers.

Draught Guinness comes in at a whopping 4.2% abv.   
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 03:58:05 pm »

Draught Guinness comes in at a whopping 4.2% abv.   

Great point, TD, just the point I wanted to make.  Alcohol doesn’t really “add” flavor to lower ABV beers.  I, for one, could not begin to tell someone what I thought the ABV of a session beer was if you gave me ten samples to try of varying alcohol levels from ABV 4 to 6%.  When you get into imperials or barley wine, it’s more obvious you are in high point land.

There’s many things you can do with mash temps, grain selection, and hop schedules which can make a really outstanding 4.0 ABV.  I brewed a 4.6 stout before the holidays which was an overwhelming favorite amongst my beer snob friends compared to higher percentage offerings I had in bottle or on tap.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

I bought a growler of Marshall's Mosaic Pale Ale.  I liked it.  Good flavor and I couldn't tell it was only "3.2".  It's also NOT a 3.2 version of Arrowhead.  It's different.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 08:25:53 am »

It will be a brew pub downstairs, Josh Royal is connected to this project.
saintnicster
Re:
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 11:09:40 pm »

http://m.tulsaworld.com/scene/scenelatest/antoinette-baking-co-plans-second-location-in-the-brady-arts/article_42ab7388-a765-11e4-a442-03620ef12df8.html?mode=jqm

In a Facebook post Wednesday, Antoinette Baking Co. announced that it will have a second location in the Brady Arts District later this year.

They plan to be next to the The Tavern restaurant and said the second location "will offer even more of what you already love."

The popular bakery celebrated its second year at its Brookside location last year.

In the announcement, they thanked the George Kaiser Family Foundation for helping make the second location a reality.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 11:22:44 pm »

http://m.tulsaworld.com/scene/scenelatest/antoinette-baking-co-plans-second-location-in-the-brady-arts/article_42ab7388-a765-11e4-a442-03620ef12df8.html?mode=jqm

In a Facebook post Wednesday, Antoinette Baking Co. announced that it will have a second location in the Brady Arts District later this year.

They plan to be next to the The Tavern restaurant and said the second location "will offer even more of what you already love."

The popular bakery celebrated its second year at its Brookside location last year.

In the announcement, they thanked the George Kaiser Family Foundation for helping make the second location a reality.

They have done well for themselves.  Unfortunately, I gain five pounds any time I visit their FB page or walk in their original location.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org