A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:34:29 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Te Keis / Roka  (Read 3528 times)
GoDasher
Tourist

« on: November 12, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »

I'm surprised I didn't see anything when I did a search on this.

Any info on the Te Keis shutdown/remodel/rebranding?  I am with an organization that had a monthly luncheon there and we found out about the closing from the Tulsa World!  I happened to drive by today and there is a sign to the effect of check us out at rokatulsa.com.  Checked it out and the website is only the name and that they will be filling a new niche in the Tulsa market.

I liked the place - only ate there at the luncheon though (husband's idea of fancy Asian is Panda Express).  But they recently changed their menu.  By the way, given the complexities of our luncheon (trying to get orders, keeping glasses filled) we always had an awesome wait staff!  Shout out!!

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:34 am »

Welcome to the Forum.

My take:
Te Kei's was Bumgarner's attempt to recreate PF Chang's and the concept was basically directly lifted from that chain. In fact Chad Stanger who is now the GM of Te Kei's/Roka (for about six months) was the former operating partner of the PF Chang's in Utica Square. Over time it became apparent that copying a corporate concept that was only a few blocks away was probably not a good business model if you weren't beating them at their game. And so....closed for repairs and rebranding.  
TeeDub
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:33:37 am »

Looking forward to the new insides.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 12:05:38 pm »

What's the new concept?  Sounds still like Asian.  I would love to see an authentic ramen/soba/noodle specialty restaurant.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

Welcome to the Forum.

My take:
Te Kei's was Bumgarner's attempt to recreate PF Chang's and the concept was basically directly lifted from that chain. In fact Chad Stanger who is now the GM of Te Kei's/Roka (for about six months) was the former operating partner of the PF Chang's in Utica Square. Over time it became apparent that copying a corporate concept that was only a few blocks away was probably not a good business model if you weren't beating them at their game. And so....closed for repairs and rebranding.  

It was Bumgarners son's idea......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org