A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:46:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anybody Out There?  (Read 633 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: June 16, 2024, 10:49:30 pm »

It's been quiet here for several days.  Everyone taking a break?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 01:54:21 pm »

It's been very slow around here
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 04:49:20 pm »

Forums in general are dying. No one goes to individual sites anymore - they just check social media. Still, OKCTalk shows how it can be done. It takes a lot of effort though. It seems TulsaNow has been kind of just floating adrift for years now. The original crew that spurred this place to life are presumably long gone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 09:35:31 pm »

Forums in general are dying. No one goes to individual sites anymore - they just check social media. Still, OKCTalk shows how it can be done. It takes a lot of effort though. It seems TulsaNow has been kind of just floating adrift for years now. The original crew that spurred this place to life are presumably long gone.

I don't do social media, too much invasion of privacy.  Might have something to do with being a Baby Boomer.  I don't miss some of the nastiness of the political talk but I do miss the more civilized stuff.  I belong to a cast iron (cookware) forum that is still active.  Maybe it's still active because of its specific subject.

I got here (on this forum) around 2008.  Many of those early folks are gone but the new generation has some good thoughts to discuss.  I hope that as the election nears, we can all keep things civilized.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2024, 11:43:28 pm »

I'm still active in a forum that is very active but it is a specific forum for Mazda Miatas and it has been since the 90's. It's moderated quite fairly and has a large number of members and a good variety of topics.

I've been here for some time although I did have a blow up moment where I just got bent. I look in frequently since Tulsa is my birthplace and I still have ties to family and friends. My best friend who lives here in Phoenix I met in 1982 in Tulsa and we both tend to follow things there, he moved from the area in 1987 and I moved in 1998.

As for the rest of social media, I steer clear of most all of it, I read multiple news sites, but I'm not on X, Instagram, TikTok, Truth Social, or any of the others, just too much garbage. I haven't been on Facebook in two years, just some events left a bad taste.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2024, 05:43:34 pm »

Nope.  Nobody here.

I would be if the Admin hadn't kicked me out of the group for some reason.   Now have to jump thru about 34.76 hoops to get logged on these days. 

I have been working with some estate medical bills though that have provided a tremendous insight into just how messed up our medical system is with Republicontins blocking meaningful change.  Final two years of final illness bills totaling just under $300,000.   With a remaining balance of just under $4,000.   Guess what they are doing?  Going to court to get that final drop of blood!   Of course!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org