A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:29:32 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardwood on 11th  (Read 15386 times)
tumikepiketu
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:09:16 am »

Does anyone have any idea what is planned for that space?  Is it for sale, lease, rent?

I can't seem to find contact info for the owners...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:39:54 am »

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that owns the Cain's.....

AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 08:46:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that owns the Cain's.....

He sold Hardwood years ago so that he could focus on the renovation of the Cain's.
lsimmons
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 12:14:16 pm »

It's still for lease as far as I know. The owner wants too much for the lease AND...(big and here) there is not enough parking for code so the building has to lease parking from the gas station next door. This brings the monthly total to a silly level. If you're really interested I can give you the total lowdown. A good friend of mine was trying to buy it about a year ago and I also know the people that did the last build out/remodel of it. The owner has a car lot at 11th and Yale.
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 02:27:58 pm »

Stupid off-street parking requirements... [Sad!]
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:17:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

You might change your mind the first time you see your front yard being used as a toilet.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 07:23:50 am »

quote:
Originally posted by patric

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

You might change your mind the first time you see your front yard being used as a toilet.

I live about a block and a half from the Hardwood, and even closer to Ed's and the Buc, and I would gladly trade the occasional beer bottle on the curb (which actually only happens during the Jenks/Union game) for removing the 'litter' of oversized surface parking lots on 11th and Harvard.  On-street parking should be counted in the parking requirements.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 09:20:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kiah
 On-street parking should be counted in the parking requirements.

My experience living in that neighborhood included much more than the occasional beer bottle, but I do agree street parking should be taken into consideration.
The surface parking in front of the Gary Place strip center is certainly nothing to be proud of -- not so much a hint of landscaping, and their all-night nuisance security floodlighting shoots over the building into the windows of all the residences behind.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
lsimmons
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 10:11:24 pm »

OK..I spoke too soon. Seems in the last week there    's been work going on. New deck, etc. I guess it's either leased or the owner is renovating.

I also hear the gas station has changed hands.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 11:46:07 am »

I've lived in Tulsa for three years, and this is the 3rd owner of Hardwoods.  Lets hope it works better this time.

If the last owner ever reads this, you failed because you didnt have beer a couple weekends.  You didnt have your cable TV working on several other occasions (hello, Sports bar?).  You never got the pizza area established as you hyped.  Add to that, I showed up one day at 4pm with 7 other people for drinks and was told you dont open until 5.  That's a lot of beer sales you missed out on and the Buc picked up...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 02:13:50 pm »

Looks as if I have several neighbors on here...I'm down at the "south end" of Gary Pl. close to 15th, fortunately there's enough of a buffer where I'm at to not worry about the parking or noise (with the exception of Jenks/Union).  Maybe if Kragthorpe keeps the turn-around going, we will have people parking all the way to 15th for TU games again.

Seems to me the Hardwood went dark right after the shooting there last year.  My wife and I noticed the work going on last week.  Isn't that the old Moulder-Oldham building?

What's up with the old JR's?  Is TU going to "renovate" that property as well?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 02:51:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71
What's up with the old JR's?  Is TU going to "renovate" that property as well?

Yes, just as the Tulsa World "improved" the Skelly Building -- to the ground.

GoDasher
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 10:41:20 am »

A couple of months have passed and it appears that Hardwoods is closed again.  In fact, I never saw it open, just the deck construction and the new sign promising pizza.  

Does anyone know what is up?

Also, does anyone know what is being built on Harvard between 11th & 15th?  On the east side, it is a red brick building w/ two drive through windows.

Just curious!  Thank you!
Rico
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 10:59:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by GoDasher

A couple of months have passed and it appears that Hardwoods is closed again.  In fact, I never saw it open, just the deck construction and the new sign promising pizza.  

Does anyone know what is up?

Also, does anyone know what is being built on Harvard between 11th & 15th?  On the east side, it is a red brick building w/ two drive through windows.

Just curious!  Thank you!

slhtulsa
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Looks as if I have several neighbors on here...I'm down at the "south end" of Gary Pl. close to 15th, fortunately there's enough of a buffer where I'm at to not worry about the parking or noise (with the exception of Jenks/Union).  Maybe if Kragthorpe keeps the turn-around going, we will have people parking all the way to 15th for TU games again.

I had to park on gary right by 15th, Friday Night...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org