A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:15:49 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Six Flags in BA  (Read 6518 times)
Maverick
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:56:01 am »

Had a little inside scoop that BA is trying to lure someone like a Six Flags into the land outside of BA.....im sure that it wont attract as many tourists as the islands though...cough cough...looks like someone has the vision for what people actually want around here...
mr.jaynes
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:13:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Maverick

Had a little inside scoop that BA is trying to lure someone like a Six Flags into the land outside of BA.....im sure that it wont attract as many tourists as the islands though...cough cough...looks like someone has the vision for what people actually want around here...

Don't insult Six Flags like that.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:55:55 am »

I would rather see it closer to downtown.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:18:06 am »

If I had a dime for every time I have heard this during my lifetime....

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 08:26:56 am »

But... won't this compete with the Six Flags up in Turley?

[Wink]

---Robert
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 08:29:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

But... won't this compete with the Six Flags up in Turley?

[Wink]

You mean Disneyland. Right?[}:)]
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:35:42 am »

Is the SixFlags-like park Bell's by any chance.  

I think this is the third time I've seen this in 6 months.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:58:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Is the SixFlags-like park Bell's by any chance.  

I think this is the third time I've seen this in 6 months.

seeing how the op was 9 mos ago.... this is prolly another load of crap...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:37 am »

heh, thanks for pointing that out.

I hereby appoint the award for digging up old obscure posts to Mr. Jaynes.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:18:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

If I had a dime for every time I have heard this during my lifetime....

Amen to that!! I remember the rumors that swirled around back in the early 80s about the same crap.  In fact, I believe it largely involved the land where FBC and BassPro now sit.  I think the theme park business in the US is slowly dying off to be truthful.  I'm not sure they are as aggressively pursuing new markets like they were 20 years ago.

In_Tulsa
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 02:26:38 pm »

This is true I heard that BA is trying to get six new flags at the new post office. We will see if they have any luck.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »

Robbie Bell told me in 1982 that his family was looking to open a water park on land at 161st St. & the B.A. expressway.  That basically is the land that the who Bass Pro development went on to.

I believe the reason they never went through with it was the oil and banking bust of the early '80's.  I'll have to ask him some time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Porky
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 04:13:08 am »

quote:

Thanks for the info, I've heard BA is looking into a lot of different things that will feed off of the new turnpike area east of town.

It's such a breath of fresh air to see a city develop growth in the proper way. Thankfully we have Tulsa to look at in how not to do things.
SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 02:12:40 pm »

Wow, wrong on so many levels ...

Broken Arrow is a SUBURB. Tulsa is a CITY. A city should not be learning anything in development from a suburb. I assume you meant Tulsa could learn a thing or two from BA in terms of closing deals...well yes that's very true, but certainly there is nothing BA can teach Tulsa about developing a city and managing growth. First of all ... what growth? We're comparing Tulsa to BA. At least Tulsa isn't loosing population to BA anymore, that's a start...

quote:

Cuz it sure aint urban development.
dbacks fan
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 02:20:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by SoonerRiceGrad

Wow, wrong on so many levels ...

Broken Arrow is a SUBURB. Tulsa is a CITY. A city should not be learning anything in development from a suburb. I assume you meant Tulsa could learn a thing or two from BA in terms of closing deals...well yes that's very true, but certainly there is nothing BA can teach Tulsa about developing a city and managing growth. First of all ... what growth? We're comparing Tulsa to BA. At least Tulsa isn't loosing population to BA anymore, that's a start...

quote:

Cuz it sure aint urban development.

Arlington Texas was out in the middle of nowhere between Dallas and Ft. Worth before they built the first Six Flags.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org