A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 07:08:59 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bartlett Square Fountain  (Read 80736 times)
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 09:30:35 am »

The Bartlett "Square" fountain is about the most UNinspiring design I've seen for a public fountain.  It's small, it has no character, it's just basically UNDERwhelming.  Kansas City could crap out a better fountain than that.  Another example of how Tulsa strives to be "mediocre" in just about everything it does.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:00 am »

I think the fountain is lame and should just be removed.  My vision for Main Street in the distant future would be to see Main extended from 3rd Street to 1st Street like it used to be.  Of course it would require some modifications to Crown Plaza and the Williams building but nothing too drastic.  That way you can drive/walk/bike from the heart of Brady through the business district, past the church district, and into Uptown.  Maybe one day there could be a streetcar line there as well.

OKmetro
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 12:21:24 pm »

Then where well all the bums meet if we get rid of the fountain? [Tongue]

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 01:10:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

Melissa, Melissa....
Next time, if you need a ride.  Give me a call.

You have a Moustache Bk..?
Indeed I do.[}:)]
SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 01:25:47 am »

Oh my goodness, that's Melissa Medlock?

I think she mistook the fountain for me...
ttownclown
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 09:51:45 pm »

OK Melissa, the Cowboys season is officially over.  Please come home and fix our fountian.

Why isn't this thing fixed?  I know it's Winter, but 6 months is a bit much.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »

Every time I walk by this very round roundabout fountain and read the words "Bartlett Square," I wonder if this was done to confuse people, or just to make us look dumb.

I think the fountain is just the right size for a New Year's celebration...if you filled it with Champaign.
robbyfoxxxx
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 06:05:02 pm »

They should have left it alone, with the terraced water fountain from the 1970's and shade trees, the renovation was supposed to open up the street and bring in business, wheres the beef? All that money was spent on renovation, and for what? Its just as abandoned as it ever was. And its just as purposeless as the the first fountains, which were torn down. It just made downtown Tulsa even blander...

Pass the Salt and Pepper please
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:42 pm »

^Patience padawan learners, patience.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 09:32:53 am »

Until some new buildings with shop-front windows are built on Main (to replace all those that have been torn down for parking or random empty space), I'm afraid that Main street is doomed.  

Because you would have to have enough capital to build new buildings, there's no place for spunky entrepreneurs to play a role (as they can in Brady and the Blue Dome areas...where all the little buildings were not torn down).
Rico
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 06:55:23 am »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

she wasnt drunk, owasso doesnt have roundabouts so the idiot simply didn't know what to do.[}:)]

They probably aren't used to seeing fountains in the middle of the street either. Maybe we should paint the fountain with a cow pattern.

At this point... this may be a better suggestion than anyone had realized.

Either this or a few well placed bollards .......
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 08:56:19 am »

And it gets hit again
Bartlett Square Fountain Damaged In Overnight Crash  Thursday January 25, 2007 7:31am    Posted By: Kevin King  www.KOTV.com
Tulsa - The Bartlett Square fountain in downtown Tulsa was damaged overnight after a driver ran into it.

According to police, the woman was driving south on Main when she hit the fountain, cracking the car's windshield.

The woman then got out of her car and ran away, hiding in an alley near 4th and Boston.

Police arrived and later found the woman and arrested her on suspicion of DUI.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 09:28:41 am »

I say replace the fountain with a giant obelisk with the all seeing eye of Sauron.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 11:05:26 am »

I say we build a big nude statue there that drivers could see at night.

I am a big fan of the Golden Driller and think we need similar sized statues all over town.

One could be peeking in a city hall window, another wading the Arkansas river, maybe one that straddles route 66...

Power is nothing till you use it.
dsjeffries
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 11:13:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I say we build a big nude statue there that drivers could see at night.

I am a big fan of the Golden Driller and think we need similar sized statues all over town.

One could be peeking in a city hall window, another wading the Arkansas river, maybe one that straddles route 66...

That's hilarious, and you know, it's odd enough to give Tulsa that icon the Vision planners were so keen on making the BOk Center into...  :-) Wading in the river... :-P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org