A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:30:29 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bartlett Square Fountain  (Read 80915 times)
jdb
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 11:14:44 am »

"...we need similar sized statues all over town." - recycle

As a child, your parents read Gallivers Travels to you a lot didn't they?
Could be what you really want is to transorm the IDL into some likeness of Lilliput, but are afriad of being too obvious?

Curious.

Stubbed my toe on the fountain night before last while walking home. The thing is so small that if I had tried to do that I probably would have missed.

jdb

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 05:13:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I say we build a big nude statue there that drivers could see at night.

I am a big fan of the Golden Driller and think we need similar sized statues all over town.

One could be peeking in a city hall window, another wading the Arkansas river, maybe one that straddles route 66...

Would the one in the river be standing "pee deep?"  If so, I would enjoy a lifetime of chuckles...and would gladly donate to the cause!

("Pee deep" - Definition: The depth at which it becomes impossible to ascertain whether or not a person standing in a body of water is actually peeing.)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

And it gets hit again
Bartlett Square Fountain Damaged In Overnight Crash  Thursday January 25, 2007 7:31am    Posted By: Kevin King  www.KOTV.com
Tulsa - The Bartlett Square fountain in downtown Tulsa was damaged overnight after a driver ran into it.

According to police, the woman was driving south on Main when she hit the fountain, cracking the car's windshield.

The woman then got out of her car and ran away, hiding in an alley near 4th and Boston.

Police arrived and later found the woman and arrested her on suspicion of DUI.

Simply flabbergasting lol.  And some still have the gall to say that humans didn't evolve from primates.  Ran into an alley and hid lol, Silly monkeys. [Wink]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
inteller
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 06:36:29 pm »

pancakes, is the fountain a dui magnet?  maybe TPD should put these at checkpoints to catch DD.
NellieBly
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 06:54:09 am »

I guess Owasso drivers education doesn't include traffic circles in the curriculum. Both girls were from Owasso.
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 10:10:55 am »

From this morning's Tulsa World article:

'I hate to spend a lot of money on it, but we're talking about traffic engineering, speed bumps, lights and reflective material or something,' (DTU Director Jim) Norton said."

That all seems a bit excessive, doesn't it?  It seems like a simple "No Drunk Owasso Girls, Age 20-30" sign would suffice.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 10:54:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kiah

From this morning's Tulsa World article:

'I hate to spend a lot of money on it, but we're talking about traffic engineering, speed bumps, lights and reflective material or something,' (DTU Director Jim) Norton said."

I could see using Raised Pavement Markers (RPM's) to show where the road goes:

Some Examples

...but just about anything retroreflective will beat another Acorn Glare Bomb in the face.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 11:23:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

I guess Owasso drivers education doesn't include traffic circles in the curriculum. Both girls were from Owasso.

Was this Owasso chick a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader too?

Bartlet Square, THE place to be for drunken Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders from Owasso.....

Kinda has a ring to it.

jdb
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:48 pm »

"Bartlet Square, THE place to be for drunken Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders from Owasso....." - swake

Sure, but then you'll need a public restroom.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2007, 12:39:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jdb

"Bartlet Square, THE place to be for drunken Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders from Owasso....." - swake

Sure, but then you'll need a public restroom.

Is that why she ran off into the alley?
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2007, 11:53:44 pm »

It seems our goofy little bird bath of a fountain is a "chick magnet."

Perhaps we should declare the fountain "functionally obsolete" and demolish it.  Then stick a real fountain in the upcoming Centennial Park one block south.  Then rename "Centennial Park" to "Bartlett Square."
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 08:44:59 pm »

quote:

That all seems a bit excessive, doesn't it?  It seems like a simple "No Drunk Owasso Girls, Age 20-30" sign would suffice.

Maybe the Owasso Character Council would chip in a few bucks... [}:)]
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 12:00:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:

Maybe the Owasso Character Council would chip in a few bucks... [}:)]

Afterall, they are a "City of Character." [Cheesy] Perhaps next month's "character" banner could read:

"Sobriety: Ensuring that my buddies take the car keys away whenever I drink Miller Lite."

Or...
"Drunk driving: Knowing that if our community would license a few bars, I wouldn't have to drive to Tulsa to get all liquored up."
perspicuity85
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 12:59:41 am »

"If you can't dodge it, ram it."
Apparently the Owasso Rams take that slogan to a whole new level when they drive downtown.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 07:02:44 am »

The centennial park is supposed to get a good fountain. Maybe we could go real high tech and replace the bartlett square fountain with a hologram...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org