A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:38:31 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bartlett Square Fountain  (Read 80924 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2013, 07:24:05 pm »

I can hardly wait to throw a box of Tide in there...!

Ah yes, reminds me of my days at The Falls....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2014, 11:15:20 am »

The nearly-re-completed fountain now has landing lights, sort of...

The base has a ring of yellow chasing LEDs that work like road construction signs that indicate a closed lane.
That's in addition to the other LEDs that illuminate the water jets from below.
Saw it on a news station that didnt post a link to the web, so I may venture to take a photo.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2014, 12:57:54 pm »

The nearly-re-completed fountain now has landing lights, sort of...

The base has a ring of yellow chasing LEDs that work like road construction signs that indicate a closed lane.
That's in addition to the other LEDs that illuminate the water jets from below.
Saw it on a news station that didnt post a link to the web, so I may venture to take a photo.

Maybe the lights will help them understand to go right?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2014, 01:01:09 pm »

Maybe the lights will help them understand to go right?

I think that's the plan, but then, we're sober (possibly).

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »

There's this awful picture I took on Fri:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20364.msg280104#msg280104
it needs a short little video or animated gif.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2014, 01:49:18 pm »

The fountain is already broken.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2014, 01:49:54 pm »

Was their an Owasso cheerleader skirt somewhere near it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2014, 02:52:26 pm »

or is it just "off"?

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
davideinstein
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2014, 03:10:34 pm »

I just laughed and went about my day.

Can we just get rid of this thing?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

It is surrounded by orange barrels. I supposed it could be just off, but why would it be off today?

If it has to be surrounded by orange barrels, it will be the ugliest half a million dollars we ever spent.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »

It is surrounded by orange barrels. I supposed it could be just off, but why would it be off today?

If it has to be surrounded by orange barrels, it will be the ugliest half a million dollars we ever spent.

It was already ugly. 

I sure hope there was some sort of agreement that if something breaks within 3 weeks, it'll get fixed by someone who fabricated or installed it.

Has the company that installed the lights gone BK yet?
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »

maintenance, service, testing, or just for sport... lots of variables here including that the Contractor may not have wanted to place it into operation untill it was accepted by the City.  What I do know, is the final acceptance documents and payment request has not reached me yet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:01:01 pm by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2014, 03:59:47 pm »

It was already ugly. 

I sure hope there was some sort of agreement that if something breaks within 3 weeks, it'll get fixed by someone who fabricated or installed it.

The City has a standard one-year warranty period (per statute) requirment that starts with acceptance which is typically backed up by a bond.

saintnicster
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2014, 07:58:07 am »

They're waiting on a surge protector for the lights.  Guess they want to try and avoid what happened to the bridge Smiley

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/downtown/repairs-complete-tulsa-fountain-to-light-up-downtown-soon/article_c656a2b3-0f52-5a30-9e66-cb634ccc48fa.html
Repairs to Bartlett Square Fountain are complete but the fountain will not be turned on for another two weeks as the city awaits the installation of a surge protector, city officials said Monday.
"They have been done (with the repairs) since March 5. Now they are waiting on the surge protector," said Brad Crutcher, the construction manager for the city's Field Engineering Department.
Crutcher said the project was scheduled to be completed by the end of last week.
"They didn't want to turn the lights on until they get surge protectors," he said. "And that is supposed to happen in the next two weeks."
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

I had this environmental event downtown today on the block to the north of the Bartlett Fountain. We had 30 plus booths and a live band. The fountain sprayed water all over because of the wind and ran down the street to the north in a three foot wide path. If affected the sound systems of the band and meant festival goers to have to jump across the flowing water to get across the street.

I didn't realize that when the Mayor said he was going to put water in the river he meant the new river on Main Street.

River Bartlett.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org