A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:24:04 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenpool Wal-Mart  (Read 21399 times)
South County
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 08:00:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Radio

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:
Originally posted by Radio

Maybe now there can be a hotel in south tulsa worth staying at....

Whenever I visit Tulsa, I myself tend toward a Doubletree Hotel as my first choice.

I am going to try the doubletree this weekend.  

I just want something other than Best Western on the southside, ideally Glenpool.  The incompetance of the Glenpool BW has probably cost the chain 200 room nights a year from our company alone.

Current rumor is that the 121st & Hwy 75 site could have 2 hotels a Marriot product & a Holiday Inn Express. Of course till we see walls it's all rumor.
safetyguy
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 10:39:30 am »

Is there really a need for 2 new hotels in Glenpool??

I would be surprised to see a Holiday Inn Express go in since there is one in Jenks. Although, the one in Jenks does look quite busy all of the time.

I didn't realize that the Glenpool development was going to be as large as it is. I live just off 121st, so I am not sure that I am looking forward to all of the traffic getting on and off at 75.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 03:34:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

I would be surprised to see a Holiday Inn Express go in since there is one in Jenks. Although, the one in Jenks does look quite busy all of the time.

I didn't realize that the Glenpool development was going to be as large as it is. I live just off 121st, so I am not sure that I am looking forward to all of the traffic getting on and off at 75.

Lots of people pass through town on their way up and down US-75.  As it stands, not much looks very inviting from the highway its entire trip through Tulsa County, so I can imagine some new decent quality nice looking hotels that appear to be situated right by basic services a hotel patron might fancy - might be in demand.  I wish Tulsa would try to get a hotel for Tulsa Hills to cut off this Glenpool development.  But as it stands, Glenpool is like the "entrance" to Tulsa for people traveling north out of Texas - so it has the best position to line the highway with nice hotels.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 03:49:01 pm »

Glenpool is a good place for chain hotels.

When we travel by car as a family, I often try to push it and try to drive too long just to get to the next town. The kids get cranky and I have to just stop at the first decent looking hotel on the metro outskirts.

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 03:52:25 pm »

quote:

The Jenks Aquarium Inn is the only hotel in the metro area that lets you rent their ballroom and bring in your own liquor. Most hotels charge you really high prices and make you use their bartenders.

We had a party there last summer and brought in two margarita machines.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 07:14:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

quote:

The Jenks Aquarium Inn is the only hotel in the metro area that lets you rent their ballroom and bring in your own liquor. Most hotels charge you really high prices and make you use their bartenders.

We had a party there last summer and brought in two margarita machines.

And gosh, have ya seen that absolutely incredible mural in their lobby? [8D]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
safetyguy
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »

I hadn't thought of it that way that Glenpool is the southern corridor from Texas so you would want hotels in the area.

Holiday INN express probably doesn't want to mess with the liquor liability so they allow you to bring your own.

I can't say that I have stepped foot into the lobby of the hotel to see their "art", but I might next month when my mom is in town for Christmas.

South County
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 04:42:11 pm »

I hear there will be a press conference by Glenpool officials Wed 11/14 to discuss economic development stats, and possibly a new development in the Glenpool area further south from the Wal-Mart.
safetyguy
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 09:13:23 am »

Does anyone know if there was any new substantial information shared at the press conference?
Neptune
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »

I don't know.  I did notice the "branding" that Glenpool came up with.  

Here's a link:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=071115_1_A17_hThec22105

Looks like they're mostly just touting expansion possibilities around that site.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 04:29:27 pm »

That logo is a turd. Can you say turd on the forum? I just did. It's a steaming pile of poo.

Man, if they'd change their mind on that thing, I'd design them a new one for a reasonable price.

Neptune
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 04:35:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

That logo is a turd. Can you say turd on the forum? I just did. It's a steaming pile of poo.

Man, if they'd change their mind on that thing, I'd design them a new one for a reasonable price.

I think the preferred Tulsa Now Forum terminology is "a veritable explosion of fractional fecal components."

You were so close though.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 08:54:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

Lots of people pass through town on their way up and down US-75.  As it stands, not much looks very inviting from the highway its entire trip through Tulsa County, so I can imagine some new decent quality nice looking hotels that appear to be situated right by basic services a hotel patron might fancy - might be in demand.  I wish Tulsa would try to get a hotel for Tulsa Hills to cut off this Glenpool development.  But as it stands, Glenpool is like the "entrance" to Tulsa for people traveling north out of Texas - so it has the best position to line the highway with nice hotels.

From the plans I have seen, there is supposed to be a hotel in either Phase 1 or Phase 2.  Phase 2 isnt being developed by the same developer as Phase 1 though.  Atleast last I checked, they were trying to get rid of it.  But expect a decent quality hotel in Tulsa Hills down the road.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 08:56:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

From the plans I have seen, there is supposed to be a hotel in either Phase 1 or Phase 2.  Phase 2 isnt being developed by the same developer as Phase 1 though.  Atleast last I checked, they were trying to get rid of it.  But expect a decent quality hotel in Tulsa Hills down the road.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
South County
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:34 pm »

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19146250&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=574067&rfi=6

The latest from Glenpool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org