News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

City Hall Consolidation (purchase of One Technolog

Started by rbryant, June 12, 2007, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsjeffries

Last minute changes:

KTUL just reported that within the last few hours, the mayor has presented a third-party guarantor to the Council that would ensure the space for lease would be paid for regardless...  It's all happening now.

TulsaSooner

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

Last minute changes:

KTUL just reported that within the last few hours, the mayor has presented a third-party guarantor to the Council that would ensure the space for lease would be paid for regardless...  It's all happening now.

I caught part of that....interesting.

Why would somebody do that?  They said the person stood to profit IF they are able to adequately lease the empty space.

Rico

Well..... I think Tulsa should and can do better than the "armpit" next to the court house.....

If the joint had been buried next to the Belvedere it might have looked better...

My opinion... FWIW... spend a few $$$$

Get something like this....

"Venture somethin to gain somethin..."

inteller

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaSooner

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

Last minute changes:

I caught part of that....interesting.

Why would somebody do that?  They said the person stood to profit IF they are able to adequately lease the empty space.

sounds like they hit Kaiser or some other deep pocketed schlep up for some charity.

Johnboy976

I'm confused... what would Kaiser have to gain from this transaction?

sgrizzle

They are guaranteeing so many dollars, if they get more than that in revenue, they keep the difference.

Double A

This is Great Plains all over again. That's my humble opinion.
<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!

dsjeffries

YoungTulsan

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

They are guaranteeing so many dollars, if they get more than that in revenue, they keep the difference.

So would this be the 3rd party like someone mentioned before?  They pay the city a fixed amount and agree to handle all of the leasing?  City gets that fixed amount and 3rd party keeps the excess profits (or takes the loss)

Rico

Now.. now... Mister Proletariat..........

There is nothing humble about you or your opinion.......

Double A

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

Now.. now... Mister Proletariat..........

There is nothing humble about you or your opinion.......

Go big or go home. At least I've got the guts to stand up for what I believe, to put it all on the line on TGOV and to defy a room full of some of the most powerful people in Tulsa. That's more than most of the rest of you keyboard jockeys(yes, I consider myself a key board jockey too) out there can claim. Time will surely tell whether I am just an irrational crank or right on the money. Stay tuned.
<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!

tulsabug

Originally posted by Double A

quote:
The sorry state and poor design of One Tech is well known, lest we forget that the curtain wall and roof of this new state of the art building have already failed.

As someone who has worked in OTC since it was built, I agree with the others on here who say that OTC is in excellent shape and there is no poor design. Roofs fail and new buildings always have problems - that's why they're warrantied (and these are long warranties - not some sort of 5 year deal). Even the curtain wall failure was covered which was, in all honestly, more of a fluke than anything. The curtain wall is pretty much self-supporting with only a few guides really holding it to the building. Inside the building, you can go to the top floor, look over the railing, and it's a straight unobstructed drop to the solar well on the 4th floor. As ugly as it can be on the outside, I will say the architecture inside is absolutely stunning and the quality of materials used on this building are totally top-drawer. I have mixed feelings about the city moving in but hopefully it'll all work out for the best in the end. It's certainly a better choice that any other building downtown and the price is an absolute steal (this place cost a heckuva lot more to build than $52m - more than even the official numbers might be saying).

waterboy

Go ahead and say what you really want to AA.

"This deal stinks. The councilors are all dead meat!"

TulsaSooner

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

So would this be the 3rd party like someone mentioned before?  They pay the city a fixed amount and agree to handle all of the leasing?  City gets that fixed amount and 3rd party keeps the excess profits (or takes the loss)

Yes, I believe that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Anyone know if this lease will be up for bid?  I'd think it would be...the Mayor mentioned already having two prospects.

Oil Capital

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaSooner

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

Yes, I believe that's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Anyone know if this lease will be up for bid?  I'd think it would be...the Mayor mentioned already having two prospects.

Let's just hope these prospects are more real than all of the developers we were told were excited to have the opportunity to build a hotel on the TowerView block.

Can't wait to see the hotel development on the City Hall site... if any of us should live so long.  In the meantime, it will really help boost the prospects of the convention center/arena area to have another vacant parcel of land adjacent.  That will really help attract the Big XII, the Mayors . . .