A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:48:07 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camelot Demo  (Read 10718 times)
Who Cares
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:40:52 pm »

I doubt they would put a truckstop there, since they have them on i-44 in east and west tulsa.
Why do we need another vistitor's center, maybe we could use that money to fix the highway.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 08:08:51 am »

To Runslikeadeere,

Chester?  Is that you?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 08:09:45 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070619_1_A1_ERWor01160

KRMG interviewed the same person and mirrored this article.  Basically, what John Deere Green said.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
T-Town Now
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 08:33:10 am »

Oh, goodie. Just what Tulsa needs! ANOTHER QuikTrip! I guess another one somewhere will close and get boarded up. That always adds so much to the neighborhood, especially since we still have quite a few old Git-N-Gos still sitting empty and rotting.

Why did I hope that something attractive and unique might go in that spot?

Yep, this is the best we could possibly hope for I guess. [V]
Wrinkle
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 09:20:02 am »

QT is a first class operation. They do it right. Say what you will, whatever they do there will be a major improvement for that area, which has been in decline since the 70's, when it was mostly new.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 09:38:37 am »

Old Quik Trips actually wind up being viable space for other locally-owned businesses.

I'd take a temprarily empty QT at 45th & Peoria over the blight which is the Camelot any day.  Based on other re-development at 45th, I'd say (if that store will actually close) it won't sit empty for very long.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
citizen72
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

QT is a first class operation. They do it right. Say what you will, whatever they do there will be a major improvement for that area, which has been in decline since the 70's, when it was mostly new.

My firm has had personal involvement with QT in building design development and I can affirm that they are indeed a first class organization. Even though they are building these stores for themselves there is no laxness in their standards which are very very high. They are indeed a quality corporation.

^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."
MichaelC
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 03:03:03 pm »

More at Tulsa World

quote:
QuikTrip has a contract to purchase the Camelot Hotel site to build what could be the company's 500th store in honor of its 50th anniversary in 2008, officials said Monday.

The purchase price will not be disclosed until after the closing, which is expected to happen this week, company spokesman Mike Thornbrugh said.

T-Town Now
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 04:11:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Old Quik Trips actually wind up being viable space for other locally-owned businesses.

I'd take a temprarily empty QT at 45th & Peoria over the blight which is the Camelot any day.  Based on other re-development at 45th, I'd say (if that store will actually close) it won't sit empty for very long.

I can think of several "viable" spaces that have been sitting vacant for years now. They are a blight, with weeds growing up in the cracks of the pavement.

I saw a news report that stated since the opening of the 300th store in Sand Springs, Okla. in 1992, 260 new stores have opened and 160 have closed.

Perhaps the story is incorrect, but that sure seems like a lot of stores to be closing.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 04:17:12 pm »

The 15th and Main location kills me.  It's been a viable location for many years.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 05:28:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by T-Town Now
Perhaps the story is incorrect, but that sure seems like a lot of stores to be closing.
They're usually across the street from a newer and bigger QT.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

The 15th and Main location kills me.  It's been a viable location for many years.

Isn't that a bill and ruths?
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 10:13:43 pm »

quote:

way too close to the one on denver...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 06:16:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

quote:

way too close to the one on denver...
We're talking "viable as something other than a QT."   Many non-QT things can be near a QT.  [Cheesy]
bigdtottown
Activist

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 08:09:57 am »

Tulsa is lucky to have QuikTrips, they are by far the nicest convenience stores around.  We only have one that I know of even sort of close to where I live and I make a point to drive there and buy gas.  Also, for the location, it makes perfect sense.  It's not like someone could put a nice sidewalk cafe there and expect to do record business.

Buck
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org