A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:29:28 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosie Wants Price Is Right  (Read 8098 times)
Wilbur
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 07:14:09 pm »

Actually, I think Rosie would be good for the Price is Right.  Based on a couple reasons:

1.  I liked Rosie years ago when she was first getting started doing standup comedy.  She used to be on a VH1 standup comedy show and was always funny.  I think the Price is Right could use a little comedy infusion from Rosie.

2.  I would like to think the Price is Right isn't ripe for political comments, thus it might muzzle Rosie while on TV.  I think it would be hard to play all the games they do to win prizes and have her infuse her views on politics at the same time.  If she tried, it would kill the show.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 07:18:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

Actually, I think Rosie would be good for the Price is Right.  Based on a couple reasons:

1.  I liked Rosie years ago when she was first getting started doing standup comedy.  She used to be on a VH1 standup comedy show and was always funny.  I think the Price is Right could use a little comedy infusion from Rosie.

2.  I would like to think the Price is Right isn't ripe for political comments, thus it might muzzle Rosie while on TV.  I think it would be hard to play all the games they do to win prizes and have her infuse her views on politics at the same time.  If she tried, it would kill the show.

Well, Bob Barker always used the closing comments to remind us to have our pets spayed or neutered - Rosie might do something similar except "And remember to always question your government's involvement in terrorist disasters!"  But I doubt it.

Oh, and whoever said she's a bull dyke, I don't think so.  She's not a bull dyke, but she's not a lipstick lesbian, either.  She's just run of the mill lesbian - more of a power lesbian really.  Like Suze Orman.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

quote:

Well, Bob Barker always used the closing comments to remind us to have our pets spayed or neutered - Rosie might do something similar except "And remember to always question your government's involvement in terrorist disasters!"  But I doubt it.

Oh, and whoever said she's a bull dyke, I don't think so.  She's not a bull dyke, but she's not a lipstick lesbian, either.  She's just run of the mill lesbian - more of a power lesbian really.  Like Suze Orman.

....or Lily Tomlin.
Steve
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 10:42:17 am »

I don't care much for OHurley; he should stick with the current incarnation of "Family Feud" where he is now.

I think they should give the job to an unknown.  Audition new younger talent, and pick the best one.  As long as the TPIR format remains the same and they keep a mix of the old familiar games with an occasional new one, any competent, likeable host will probably succeed.  R. ODonnell?  Absolutely not!
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 12:36:43 pm »

Give it to Mr. T!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 12:59:42 pm »

Mr. T found Jesus and got a reality show a while back.  Wow, it was bad.  Horribly bad.  In fact, I watched in 2 times because it was SO bad it made me embarrassed for him.  Wow.  Nightmares.  

I dont think he could hack it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Steve
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Mr. T found Jesus and got a reality show a while back.  Wow, it was bad.  Horribly bad.  In fact, I watched in 2 times because it was SO bad it made me embarrassed for him.  Wow.  Nightmares.  

I dont think he could hack it.

Agreed.  Mr. T (and Kirk Cameron) is a staple of Paul & Jan Crouch's TBN "christian" programming now, broadcast ch. 17 in Tulsa.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen ...
NCTulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 06:44:30 am »

The producers for the show should really consider their audience.  I don't think it's a Rosie type audienct.

What does anyone think about Tom Bergeron as host?

mr.jaynes
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 11:38:18 am »

Someone suave and sophisticated. How about Roger Moore?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 01:16:58 pm »

Sean Connery... the one on celebrity jeopardy.
Porky
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 05:28:45 am »

The only show I can see Rosie hosting would be The Jerry Springer Show. She could have Ricki Lake as a Co Host and if the show would become boring, her and Ricki could always have a Jello Wrestling bout. [8D]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 08:14:02 am »

I read the Drew Carey is the frontrunner for the spot now.

I'm never eating Jello again....[:O]
Wilbur
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 08:56:38 pm »

According to Perez, The Price offered the show to Rosie and she turned it down because they wanted her to re-locate to LA, which she does not want to do.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 09:16:43 pm »

quote:

According to Perez, The Price offered the show to Rosie and she turned it down because they wanted her to re-locate to LA, which she does not want to do.

OK, so Rosie's out. Who else could we put in there to do the job?
iplaw
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 08:02:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

David Lee Roth

He's always fresh out of a job.  This guy's had more jobs than God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org