A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 02:29:00 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman Dies After Drowning In Swimming Pool  (Read 5233 times)
Phireman
« on: June 21, 2007, 08:04:30 pm »

Apparently this woman died twice.

Thank you.

Chairman, Department of Redundancy Department.
Porky
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 08:42:16 pm »

What a horrible thing for her children to go through.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 08:43:12 pm »

You just made me laugh at a tragic accident.

Meanie.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:39:55 am »

Huh?  I must've missed something.  Did they change the link to the story?  I fail to find any humor in it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 09:04:32 am »

Generally 'drowning' means to die by suffocating in water or another liquid substance, so I guess to say a lady 'dies after drowning' could be read as she drowned (died) and then died again after that. I saw the comedy.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:07:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Huh?  I must've missed something.  Did they change the link to the story?  I fail to find any humor in it.
"Woman Dies After Drowning In Swimming Pool"
Can you drown without dying?   Perhaps technically you can.   To me, drowning implies the person was not revived.  Otherwise it's a "near drowning."   Anyhow, this woman apparently drowned, and then died.  Impressive.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:00 am »

Ah, "dies after drowning".

Sorry I have my "obtuse" shoes on today. [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:44 am »

The movie "So I married an axe murdered" had a woman in it talking about how horrible it was being electrocuted, claiming past experience. No-one corrected her either.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 11:01:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

The movie "So I married an axe murdered" had a woman in it talking about how horrible it was being electrocuted, claiming past experience. No-one corrected her either.

So, who murdered the axe?  Or was she murdered when she married the axe?  Ah, the english language.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 12:19:17 pm »

quote:

I've heard it referred to before when someone gets shocked with electricity and survives as "being electrocuted".  I'm not talking about grabbing the prongs on a 110V plug, more like 480V.

"Drowned" does have more of a finality to it.  Of course, I've drowned my sorrows before and they didn't die right away. [Wink]

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 01:16:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

quote:

So, who murdered the axe?  Or was she murdered when she married the axe?  Ah, the english language.

I left my ability to type in my other pants.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:50 pm »

That's funny.  We both had wardrobe issues today which affect comprehension or spelling...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org