A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:33:50 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Jobs  (Read 6271 times)
mr.jaynes
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:08 pm »

I'm for now content in the jobs that I presently have-though I'm pondering the feasibilities of a move to Las Vegas, to start over, to make even better money than I do now (I do good now, but one can always do even gooder: never be satisfied). I'm for sure working at what I love, and loving what I do, so perhaps it's not actually work!

I always thought that my dream job would be to live and work in Manhattan, as a high-Fashion photographer/makeup artist, producing photoshoots, and working and hanging out with all the groovy people, and making tons of money doing that. It better pay well: my sister lives there, and for an apartment, the rents are not cheap!

So what is everyone else's  dream job?
Rowdy
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:00:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

I'm for now content in the jobs that I presently have-though I'm pondering the feasibilities of a move to Las Vegas, to start over, to make even better money than I do now (I do good now, but one can always do even gooder: never be satisfied). I'm for sure working at what I love, and loving what I do, so perhaps it's not actually work!

I always thought that my dream job would be to live and work in Manhattan, as a high-Fashion photographer/makeup artist, producing photoshoots, and working and hanging out with all the groovy people, and making tons of money doing that. It better pay well: my sister lives there, and for an apartment, the rents are not cheap!

Spending the millions I won in the lottery.  That takes work you know.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 06:36:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

quote:

Being the business manager for the guy who won millions in the lottery so he doesn't have to work so hard. I'm all about helping.[Smiley]
Johnboy976
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:56:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

quote:

Being the business manager for the guy who won millions in the lottery so he doesn't have to work so hard. I'm all about helping.[Smiley]

Being the relative of the guy who won the millions, and receiving 25% of his winnings because he likes me so much.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:05:15 pm »

I work as an architect, and it's what I always wanted to do as a kid, through the teen years, college, and today, so i'm pretty happy.

But alternatives.....for fun............hmmm.....I think it would be fun to be an author, lawyer, private investigator, real estate developer, or heir to a vast fortune.  Fortunately, I know my skill set, and I don't have the wordiness to be an author or lawyer, the stomach to be a PI, the balls to be a developer, or the family to be an heir.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:58:27 pm »

Well I guess I like my job. I dream about winning the lottery and what I would do with the money, but I don't play.  But my dream jobs with my current job would be to 1. Do a mural for Oprah 2. Do some work for the Queen of England or some such royalty, perhaps they need a little something done in Windsor. 3. Get to do some artwork in a Cathedral, Someone convince the folks at Holy Trinity downtown that all that ceiling space looks a bit sparce and needs some color.lol  Oh, and those aren't in order of importance.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Rowdy
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 04:06:54 am »

What the heck guys?  I can't even win a virtual lottery without having virtual relatives come out of the woodwork... [xx(]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:23:57 am »

I've always said that I'm weird but I'm saving up to be eccentric...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I work as an architect, and it's what I always wanted to do as a kid, through the teen years, college, and today, so i'm pretty happy.

Art Vandalay?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:18:16 am »

quote:

What the heck guys?  I can't even win a virtual lottery without having virtual relatives come out of the woodwork... [xx(]

Just wait till the virtual paternity suits get filed.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:35:25 am »

Write books for a living. Do seminars on the material in the books. Wait... I did that for a few years, but was married to a b. (Plus I was self-publishing - yuck.)

Now that I'm remarried - would love to do that until I'm old and out of words. (I'm old now, but still have some words left.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:20:16 am »

Dream job?  It would be some sort of volunteer thing, but I hear those jobs don't pay well. [Wink]

I have what I consider to be an ideal working situation now, so I can't complain.

My "dream" jobs have always revolved around vehicles of some kind: airline pilot, professional race car driver, and these days it would be a charter sailboat captain down in the Caribbean.

I've always been a hobbyist and there is a little Walter Mitty in me.  I did make a business out of one of my hobbies and it's hard to say I regret it, but it definitely wasn't near as enjoyable after I turned it into a business that I had to live off it day in day out.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mr.jaynes
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 01:25:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by restored2x

Write books for a living. Do seminars on the material in the books. Wait... I did that for a few years, but was married to a b. (Plus I was self-publishing - yuck.)

As a Cosmetologist, always trying a new idea, I though it would be neat to teach some of my techniques and styles to fellow artists, either through the seminar route or yes, even a self-published manual, but thought better of it. It's not so unique if the rest of the world knows it.
Wingnut
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 02:59:01 pm »

quote:
I've always been a hobbyist and there is a little Walter Mitty in me. I did make a business out of one of my hobbies and it's hard to say I regret it, but it definitely wasn't near as enjoyable after I turned it into a business that I had to live off it day in day out.

I attended a high school graduation many years ago and the late Jerry Webber was the speaker. One thing he said that I remember quite well was (to paraphrase) ..."take the thing you love to do most and make it your hobby. Take the 2nd thing you love to do and make it your vocation". I have found that this is really good advice. I've always like working on the cars and am quite the gearhead. I worked at Bill White Chevy downtown after high school. After working on everyone elses cars all day, the last thing I wanted to do was work on mine.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a living now, how can I think about a dream job??
mr.jaynes
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 04:45:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut

quote:
I've always been a hobbyist and there is a little Walter Mitty in me. I did make a business out of one of my hobbies and it's hard to say I regret it, but it definitely wasn't near as enjoyable after I turned it into a business that I had to live off it day in day out.

I attended a high school graduation many years ago and the late Jerry Webber was the speaker. One thing he said that I remember quite well was (to paraphrase) ..."take the thing you love to do most and make it your hobby. Take the 2nd thing you love to do and make it your vocation". I have found that this is really good advice. I've always like working on the cars and am quite the gearhead. I worked at Bill White Chevy downtown after high school. After working on everyone elses cars all day, the last thing I wanted to do was work on mine.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a living now, how can I think about a dream job??

Now, my dreamiest dream job would be the staff hairstylist, makeup artist and wardrobe technician at SNL. Heck, get to know the right people, maybe even do a little writing for them too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org