A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 06:25:56 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photography Field Trip  (Read 3040 times)
mspivey
« on: June 29, 2007, 08:27:59 am »

We are going on an informal field trip to Natural falls Saturday morning. We will meet at 5 and Diner between 7:00 and 7:30, eat and go from there. It's only about an hour's drive on 412. If you haven't been to Natural Falls, it is the prettiest waterfall in the state.

With all the rain, the falls should be running strongly. Remember, when shooting waterfalls, cloudy is good. Less light allows you to slow down shutter speed and get that silky look.

Be sure to bring a tripod and your polarozers if you have them. This isn't a teaching workshop, but there shoulkd be people who can help with setting if needed. Film and Digital welcome.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 08:47:19 am »

Is that east or west of Tulsa?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 09:14:23 am »

It's east of Tulsa. Sounds like a good trip. I've been there once to shoot on the way back from Arkansas but it was middle of the day sun and I couldn't get anything worth keeping.

mspivey
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:32:17 am »

Yes, it is this side of West Siloam Springs. on old 412.
NellieBly
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 11:02:00 am »

Camped out there last fall. Had a good time, but the motorcross races about a mile away kept us up until past midnight and the loud noise kind of ruined the evening.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 11:54:06 am »

Yeah....I camped there too....Some A-holes with a campfire ruined mine...I had to smell smoke until late in the evening......

NellieBly
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 08:23:54 am »

How can a campfire ruin camping? Where there's camping there is usually a campfire.
Aa5drvr
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 09:07:18 am »

Is this near Siloam Springs, or at Devils Den?
mspivey
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 02:09:55 pm »

It is this side of West Siloam Springs on okd hwy 33. There is a sign on 412 just before you get to Siloam Springs.

I did go to Devil's Den after I went to Natural falls and got wet.
http://www.pbase.com/lefturn99/natural_falls_07
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org