A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:32:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa International  (Read 5933 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: July 07, 2007, 06:32:23 am »

US News and World report has ranked the 53 largest regional airports for on time performance and overall traveler aggravation and Tulsa was the 4th best regional airport in the nation.

Other area airports, OKC was 17th, Wichita was 13th, Omaha 35th, and Little Rock 6th.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:04:54 am »

Well thats good news. Course its hard to get aggrivated in such a quiet, slow paced environment.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Wilbur
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

US News and World report has ranked the 53 largest regional airports for on time performance and overall traveler aggravation and Tulsa was the 4th best regional airport in the nation.

Other area airports, OKC was 17th, Wichita was 13th, Omaha 35th, and Little Rock 6th.

Hard to be late with three flights a day.[Wink]
DM
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 06:48:13 pm »

Oh come on, TIA is a nice airport and I think they have done a great job keeping it up. I have been in cities larger then Tulsa that have really bad airports. Visually and time wise.
Steve
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:58:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DM

Oh come on, TIA is a nice airport and I think they have done a great job keeping it up. I have been in cities larger then Tulsa that have really bad airports. Visually and time wise.

I second that.  Tulsa's airport is a joy compared to most airports in larger metro areas, and deserves any positive recognition it can get.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 07:54:24 pm »

I agree. Kansas City is far from the largest airport but it is by far one of the worst. I have gone through teh columbus ohio airport several times which is not much larger than ours but incredibly difficult to navigate and thier baggage screening equipment is just in the middle of the floor by the ticket gates because they have no place to put it.
Johnboy976
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:02:09 pm »

Besides, some airports have you feeling like you are in a shopping mall full of jerks (that means you, Atlanta).
Renaissance
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 10:21:52 am »

Time performance and aggravation? We shouldnt just be happy with that stupid honor. Just like we voted in our zoo(online) for best family zoo. How dorky can we get. Lose the aquarium to Jenks and now we shut down our only amusement park??? Build the BOK arena on horrible grounds. Over spent on BOK because we always have to have the best. We could have spent less on the arena and created a real attraction for tourism.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 10:35:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

quote:

Hard to be late with three flights a day.[Wink]

Just another damn whiner.

It's over a hundred flights, and this ranking is of large REGIONAL airports, so they are all about the same size.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 12:52:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Johnboy976

Besides, some airports have you feeling like you are in a shopping mall full of jerks (that means you, Atlanta).

Whenever I fly into Tulsa to visit, I see that it does show some signs of progress, but just barely. Last time I was there in 2006, I saw a couple of eateries and I think a store that sold some sundries, but not enough to make me scratch my head in indecision wonedering where I'm gonna go eat or shop. Being traveled as I am, I've found that some of the other airports that fit this bill are Houston's Bush Intercontinental and St. Louis' Lambert Field; there are more that give me those options, but I happen to like these airports, so I'll just list those for now.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 01:08:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

Whenever I fly into Tulsa to visit, I see that it does show some signs of progress, but just barely. Last time I was there in 2006, I saw a couple of eateries and I think a store that sold some sundries, but not enough to make me scratch my head in indecision wonedering where I'm gonna go eat or shop. Being traveled as I am, I've found that some of the other airports that fit this bill are Houston's Bush Intercontinental and St. Louis' Lambert Field; there are more that give me those options, but I happen to like these airports, so I'll just list those for now.

The terminal has actually just completed a rebuilt with more stores and restaurants, it's much better than it used to be.
marc
Activist

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 02:08:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DM

I totally agree. It seems like every time Tulsa has a positive showing on any kind of rating or ranking list, some people try to spin it into a negative.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 03:29:21 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

The terminal has actually just completed a rebuilt with more stores and restaurants, it's much better than it used to be.

Maybe I'm spoiled after all this traveling, but if it has a huge food court and some restaurants and a huge gaggle of shops, it's all good.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 04:55:07 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe I'm spoiled after all this traveling, but if it has a huge food court and some restaurants and a huge gaggle of shops, it's all good.

Now wait, I didn't say "huge", it's still just TIA. But it is MUCH better than it was. There are some decent shops and places to eat. It was pretty bad in the past and the concourses still need work, but it's much better than it was five years ago. And the concourse work is supposed to be done over the next couple of years.

My favorite airport is Denver, and least is DFW.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 05:05:48 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Now wait, I didn't say "huge", it's still just TIA. But it is MUCH better than it was. There are some decent shops and places to eat. It was pretty bad in the past and the concourses still need work, but it's much better than it was five years ago. And the concourse work is supposed to be done over the next couple of years.

My favorite airport is Denver, and least is DFW.

For me, it's a hard choice for my favorites, but it does depend on, what kind of mood permeates the place, what kind of food is available, is there a bar, and is there a smoking area? Any majority of these, and it's a good airport.

There are two airports, both in Louisiana, that I've been through in the past 17 years, that I wasn't too partial to, specifically Lafayette and Baton Rouge. Lafayette had less amenities than Tulsa in terms of eateries, the bar wasn't open when I came in, no smoking area that I could see, and the staff there had a KGB mentality. Baton Rouge was more laid back in mood and had a few good eateries, but no smoking area, and the baggage claim lost my luggage.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org