A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:21:04 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa International  (Read 5913 times)
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 10:07:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake
My favorite airport is Denver, and least is DFW.

Has anyone ever gotten out of Denver on time? Everytime I or anyone I know tries to fly through there, it's always a 1-2 hour delay.

---Robert
mr.jaynes
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 01:26:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

quote:

Has anyone ever gotten out of Denver on time? Everytime I or anyone I know tries to fly through there, it's always a 1-2 hour delay.

Strangely enough, I never had cause or need to go to Denver.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 06:54:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

quote:

I did in the new denver airport. Also made it from my gate (at the farthest concourse) to the rental counter with my bags (from baggage claim) in under 10 minutes.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:32:28 am »

TIA servers its purpose very well.  It is not a busy passenger nor freight hub and probably never will be.  That's one of the reasons that the aero space industry likes it... big airport, not too busy.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 09:02:43 am »

Whoever said they like Saint Louis must be on crack.  That is the worst airport I ever have to go through.  Not hard to connect, but it is rundown, dated, and dirty.

I think Tulsa's airport is quite nice, as do many of my friends from larger cities that come through.  The redo was done in a tasteful way that respects the midcentury modern architecture.  Though I don't see what the benefit has been to moving security to the middle.  They never seem to have more than three checkpoints open when I go through, so the lines are as long as they used to be.

If I'm going to be stuck in an airport for any length of time, give me DFW's D terminal.  Plenty of restaurants, shopping, etc., though I hate having to connect there.

buckeye
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »

As a casual traveler, I want as little crap (stores, eateries, etc.) in an airport as possible.  They charge hilariously high prices and tend to cause coagulated foot traffic...useless to me!  Frequent fliers must enjoy the 'amenities' during their between-flight times, I imagine.

TIA has always impressed me with its peaceful atmosphere, more than adequately polite staff (security especially) and sensible layout.  Give me TIA over...well, every other place I've flown in or out of except Northwest Arkansas.  Of course, XNA is tiny!  I haven't seen TIA since the remodel.  Beforehand, the decor was pretty dated, but honestly, what difference does that make?  Is it in good repair?  Is it serviceable?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 03:16:55 pm »

The new layout both streamlines the security AND makes it more impressive.  There is a floor to ceiling glass wall just beyond security that looks out on the tarmac. A little more sprucing up (which is ongoing) and it will be perfect for my purposes.

My only complain, you can not get as close to the gates to see people off.  Security I suppose.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 05:42:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

Whoever said they like Saint Louis must be on crack.  That is the worst airport I ever have to go through.  Not hard to connect, but it is rundown, dated, and dirty.

I'm not on crack. I know what I want from an airport, and St. Louis gives it to me. Their screeners and counter personnel can be real holes, but I get through it OK.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org