A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 12:33:46 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Jeweler  (Read 3212 times)
jne
Philanthropist

« on: July 11, 2007, 04:01:15 pm »

Can anyone recommend a reputable local jeweler.  I hear nothing but horror stories about Zales and the like.  I need to finally suck it up and by an engagement ring. Luckily, I already have a great diamond in a vintage ring that just needs to be set in a new ring.  I just don't want to get ripped off or have bad service.  Jewelry stores are uncharted territory for me!

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:34:47 pm »

I've use J. David before. They have a lot of discounts and stuff for return customers.
buckeye
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:51:21 pm »

Felts did a great job for me.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:53:29 am »

We had some repairs done on my wifes wedding ring at Massoud's at the Farm. He did a great job and the price was cheaper than Helzbergs for sure.

http://www.massoudsjewelry.com/

NellieBly
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:29:38 am »

Well I know people have strong feelings about Moody's and I certainly think their lawsuit against Ford Motor Company is stupid, but I have been pretty impressed with their customer service. A diamond in my wedding wing cracked and they let me choose the replacement diamond. They offer a lifetime guarantee if you take your piece in every four months for an inspection and cleaning. I go to the 12th and Harvard store.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 08:53:29 am »

Go to the 12th & Harvard location, if for no other reason, to chat with Izzy Levine.  He's a real character.

I've done business there, purchasing, repairs, sizing, etc. for almost 20 years. Never had a complaint and never felt like I was being raped, though every jewler does that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
NellieBly
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:59:05 am »

Izzy's my man -- although every time I go in there he tries to sell me something.

He likes to tell me 'take it outside and look at it sparkle.'
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:28:36 am »

Any of those are good, I guess...

But more importantly:

CONGRATULATIONS!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:40:07 am »

There are three rings to marriage...

The engagement ring
The wedding ring
The suffering

Power is nothing till you use it.
NellieBly
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:09:39 am »

[Cheesy]
Johnboy976
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 06:45:19 pm »

I have trusted Israel Diamonds with some repairs before. They actually did a great job. While they do not insure the center diamond (in regards to any engagement or wedding ring you purchase through them) the side diamonds are covered. My wife's ring had a side diamond fall out of it (mainly because she was a little rough with it in the first place) and they quickly replaced it.
Aa5drvr
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 03:31:30 am »

Ive done business with most of the local jewlers.  My favorite for price and service is Israel.  A close second is Lonnie at Vincent Anthony at 101st and Sheridan.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org