A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:22:10 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show cars damaged by unknown spray  (Read 7143 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: July 17, 2007, 10:25:08 am »

So we look a little less than perfect caring for classic automobiles here in Tulsa.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070717_1_A4_spanc47445
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 11:49:06 am »

I would be crowne plaza overspray. Anything from the Arena that was airborne should've been dry and very diluted by the time it goes that far.
AMP
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:47:15 pm »

They thought the Belevedere would be dry, or was that diluted by then also.  Smiley
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:55:34 pm »

Sounds like it could of been windblown sand, if it is paint it could be primer from workmen working on something high up. That paint dust can travel a long ways, perhaps a water tower or bill board being re-painted.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:04:40 am »

Seems pretty likely to be from the Crowne Plaza, since they having been painting red AND BROWN on the outside of it...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:45:01 am »

Pretty stupid considering that Crowne Plaza was the host hotel.

Someone is going to take a huge hit on this.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 01:10:40 pm »

It'll be tuff to collect for damages. Everyone will pass the blame. Even a court ruling in your favor you'll still have to collect the damages somehow. I'd just let it go it's not worth the hassle. Chalk it up to bad judgement and move on.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 02:45:13 pm »

Are you serious??? There is thousands upon thousands of dollars in damages. The residue CAN and I'm sure WILL be analyzed and the culprit will be identified.

When you've got a $100,000 car, it's worth the hassle. I'd be p*ssed if it was my car and I know I'd pursue it.

Get real. Ain't nobody gonna let this one go and "move on".

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 03:11:42 pm »

^^

Especially someone with an original paint car.  Completely original with original paint in good condition can double the value of a desireable or collectible car.  If it has to be re-finished, someone will lose a huge chunk of value in their pristine GTO Judge.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Steve
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 04:32:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

There is thousands upon thousands of dollars in damages. The residue CAN and I'm sure WILL be analyzed and the culprit will be identified.

When you've got a $100,000 car, it's worth the hassle. I'd be p*ssed if it was my car and I know I'd pursue it.

Get real. Ain't nobody gonna let this one go and "move on".

When I read about this damage in the paper, it nearly made me sick to my stomach.  If I were an owner of one of the damaged cars, I would be so p*ssed off that my vision would be blurred.  I understand some of the vehicles also had interior damage because the windows were down for judging.  A horrible, horrible shame.

I did see a spokesman from the Crowne Plaza hotel on TV news last night and he said that if painting activities at the hotel are found to be responsible for the damage, they would "make it right."
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:01 am »

There's more to this story, this general contractor, and crown plaza. It has something to do with a months long ongoing labor dispute. More information to follow...

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 05:55:50 pm »

We had something simulur happen in the mid-1990's. A company about 1/8 of a mile away was painting the water towers, & that spray got on peoples cars who worked at nearby factories. They tryed to collect for paint damage but failed. it got my vehicle to, but I drove an old 1981 Ford truck and cleaned it myself I scrubed out the little yellow paint dots myself and then waxed it. Yes, I'd be ticked off too if I had a brand new truck. In the end most of the people with damaged/paint dots on their cars took care of it  themselfs and had it detailed and cleaned on their own dime at local car detailing joints..[B)]

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

We had something simulur happen in the mid-1990's. A company about 1/8 of a mile away was painting the water towers, & that spray got on peoples cars who worked at nearby factories. They tryed to collect for paint damage but failed. it got my vehicle to, but I drove an old 1981 Ford truck and cleaned it myself I scrubed out the little yellow paint dots myself and then waxed it. Yes, I'd be ticked off too if I had a brand new truck. In the end most of the people with damaged/paint dots on their cars took care of it  themselfs and had it detailed and cleaned on their own dime at local car detailing joints..[B)]

I think this might be a "If we ever want them or any other car show back in Tulsa" scenarios though
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:29:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

There's more to this story, this general contractor, and crown plaza. It has something to do with a months long ongoing labor dispute. More information to follow...

Lemme guess using non-union labor?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »

Anyone else find it slightly mysterious this happened the same weekend as Rocklahoma? [Wink]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org