A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:17:16 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's exciting rail possibilities  (Read 91739 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

You may be right but it is unlikely that that right of way would have been turned into a high-speed passenger line.

I wasn't really thinking of HSR but the Amtrak extension that they have talked about for 10+ years. this is that line.

The state is always full of crap when it comes to talking about supporting Tulsa.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2013, 12:29:42 pm »

The state is always full of crap when it comes to talking about supporting Tulsa.

There does seem to be a tendency to concentrate on their own back yard and lawsuits against the federal government.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »

There does seem to be a tendency to concentrate on their own back yard and lawsuits against the federal government.

You know how Tulsa's new slogan (allegedly) is "A New Kind of Energy"?  Maybe OKC should start using "A Special Kind of Stupid"...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:41 pm »

I wasn't really thinking of HSR but the Amtrak extension that they have talked about for 10+ years. this is that line.

It could probably do a regular speed Amtrak extension.  I have seen where some people think it could get some minor improvements to be a high speed line.  I've flown over most of it between Sapulpa and Luther at about 1000 ft AGL.  I think the curves and going through some of the towns would be a problem for high speed service.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2013, 10:35:33 am »

Family Braces As Autistic Son Discovers Amtrak’s ‘Track a Train’ Web Page

http://tinyurl.com/mmdtc3v

TULSA, OK—Just days after learning that the 8-year-old had thankfully moved on from a website compiling all professional baseball statistics since 1871, the local McKinsdale family reportedly braced themselves as autistic son Brendan discovered Amtrak.com’s “Track a Train” page. “Oh, God, he’s going to be on there for hours and hours at a time,” said mother Barbara McKinsdale, wincing upon learning that the site has an interactive graphic, which provides maps, timetables, and real-time, 24-hour updates on the progress of more than 300 trains traversing some 21,300 miles of track. “All we can do now is prepare ourselves to hear about how the 8:03 from Penn Station to Chicago is running 14 minutes late, or how the local train from Washington to Philadelphia is $59.36 cheaper than the express, but takes an extra 27 minutes to arrive. This is going to be rough.” Household sources later confirmed that Brendan had just spent the past half hour zoomed in on Milwaukee and hitting his browser’s refresh button every three seconds.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org