A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 02:26:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos of Villa Philbrook in Tulsa  (Read 3214 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: August 21, 2007, 07:45:46 pm »

Thought Tulsa's Philbrook deserved its own photoblog. In my opinion its the most beautiful place in this region of the country. I still find it amazing how many people that live here do not know about it, or have never visited. Perhaps this quick look at but a fraction of what is there will tempt them to visit. Definitely take a walk through the extensive gardens. Especially when its cool and you can really enjoy them.

And that doesn't even begin to show the half of it. Let alone the actual art collection itself.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Porky
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:55:34 pm »

Nicely done William, great pictures.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:27:28 am »

Indeed.  Great pictures.  I often find the gardens as impressive as the house.  

Not to mention the art.  If you go to the right as soon as you enter and down the stairs, there is a pencil (charcoal?) drawing of a boy in a jacket that is mind blowing.

Anyway, thanks for the pictures.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:24:06 am »

Sunday brunch is great and I hit happy hour there on Thursdays too.

Great place to go even just to do that.
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:09:40 pm »

I love Philbrook and it's my favourite place to go in Tulsa.  Thanks for the pics.

Lister
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:10:09 pm »

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else. Thanks William, that's fine work.
Rowdy
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 06:16:26 pm »

There disco is nothing to sneeze at either.
Porky
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:37 am »

Just curious William to what camera you are shooting these pictures with and what lens you are using as well?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 11:51:12 am »

I use a Canon Rebel XTi.  Some of them are from my old casio.  No special lenses on either. I am no photographer but I can do some killer magic in photoshop.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org