A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 06:24:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirty Work  (Read 3505 times)
NellieBly
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:16:13 am »

I am looking for a excavator to survey and regrade my back yard. It's about a half to 3/4 of an acre. We will be constructing a 1,000 square foot shop and we currently have some serious water drainage problems that need to be addressed before we can build.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of work that can give me suggestions or the name of a company?

Thanks.
iplaw
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:22:20 am »

Try Circle Services.

http://www.circleservices.biz/  The guy that runs the place is very experienced with drainage issues.
NellieBly
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:47:40 am »

Unfortunately, their website has absolutely no information.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:04:12 am »

Enterprise Excavating.  They are out of Sand Springs.  Two of their principals live in my neighborhood.  Find someone good.  We are having problems because our builder didn't use an engineer when building.  We basically have a lopsided piece of crap house.  Hopefully the builder will do what is right and buy the house back from us, if not, don't worry, I'll be on here and every other place in this area making sure no one makes the same mistake of using them.

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:10:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

It looks like they do have a phone number. Sometimes talking to people on the phone can be even more beneficial in gaining information.

I might have to call some of these folks to do some work for me, thanks for asking this question.

iplaw
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 12:29:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by NellieBly

I find it's best to actually have someone come out and look at your land rather than judge them based upon what's online.  Websites and pictures are fluff for the most part.  I would never choose a company based upon what their website looks like.  Anyways, this is really not the type of business that benefits from a robust website in the first place.
NellieBly
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 12:35:38 pm »

Well duh, but it would be nice to see some of their work prior to calling them. Why create a website with nothing on it? Waste of time.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 12:51:49 pm »

Let me know when you find a dirt moving company that is willing to work on small projects (your yard) that has a website worthy of your blessing.

Most places like that would have a website just so you google "Tulsa & Dirt Moving" and come across them.  Then you can call.  Clearly more would be nice, but it wouldnt really pay off for them.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
NellieBly
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:40 pm »

I understand that a website is not going to affect my decision. But why advertise photos and, especially references, and not provide them in an easily accessible place that you have established for that purpose? IP basically sent me a link to a blank page.  

Just seems like a waste of time. I fully expect anyone I hire to probably not even own a computer, much less have their own website.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:24 pm »

Never mind.....

NellieBly
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 01:18:48 pm »

My thoughts exactly.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 01:30:46 pm »

Call Mike Rowe.  He likes dirty jobs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:32:01 pm »

Sorry for trying to help you.  Maybe you should post some requirements next time you ask for advice.  I used these guys several years ago and they were good.

Nothing like measured contempt for trying to help someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org