A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 12:35:11 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not use 75 Storage South (Resolved)  (Read 6533 times)
iplaw
« on: August 27, 2007, 01:10:27 pm »

Dear Forum Patrons,

I had a first for me today.  I filed a claim with the BBB against 75 South Storage.

We rented a unit for a few months while our house was being finished in Jenks.  We moved the majority of our things out, but our movers couldn't get our chiminea or grill onto the truck...I said that it was no big deal because I could get them later....well....

A week later and we go to pick up that chiminea and grill and, lo and behold, we have been MOVED OUT of our unit and into the unit next to us...and to boot, our $350 chiminea is now "missing."  Would be no big deal but it was my father's who passed away a couple of years ago.

Called the owner today and he was completely unprofessional to say the least.  He basically informed me that even though I had paid my bill until the end of August, we were moved out because "we were in the wrong unit."  We were basically told to piss off and that he had no interest in even reviewing the survelance footage which clearly films our unit.  We were informed that since it's a new system that it might not work anyways.

I SMELL A RAT.

So my question is...what should I do with this bozo?  I know what my options are, but I'm feeling like making an example out of him because he was so unhelpful...the least he could do is look at the video footage.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:18:41 pm »

Find out where he lives.

Go to his house and get back your chiminea.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:24 pm »

Clearly a breach of contract action in small claims court.

I promise to securely store your property in exchange for your promise to pay.

You paid, he failed to securely store your property.  One has to presume that him opening up your unit and moving your property had something to do with the missing items.  Especially since you were not informed.  Damages:  $350 plus a refund for August (services not provided as promised).

I'd call one more time and try to work it out, maybe you caught him in a grumpy mood for some reason. Then make a veiled threat and see what happens.  If nothing, sue him.  $500 is worth an afternoon not to mention the pleasure of givin ghim his due.

NEXT CASE!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Find out where he lives.

Go to his house and get back your chiminea.

[Cheesy]  That's why I'm guessing he doesn't want to review the camera footage..
iplaw
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Clearly a breach of contract action in small claims court.

I promise to securely store your property in exchange for your promise to pay.

You paid, he failed to securely store your property.  One has to presume that him opening up your unit and moving your property had something to do with the missing items.  Especially since you were not informed.  Damages:  $350 plus a refund for August (services not provided as promised).

I'd call one more time and try to work it out, maybe you caught him in a grumpy mood for some reason. Then make a veiled threat and see what happens.  If nothing, sue him.  $500 is worth an afternoon not to mention the pleasure of givin ghim his due.

NEXT CASE!

Thanks Judge Hogshead!  If cases could only be decided that fast!

He has no interest in settling.  At the end of our conversation he told me to have "my attorney" put it in writing and send it to him for his review and he could see what could be done.  Obviously no average joe is going to pay for that...

I can't wait till he gets a letter back from me instead.  Dumbazz.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »

Man, I would really be tempted to drive by his house and poke my head in his backyard.  It wouldn't surprise me either way, more than likely whatever lackey he had move your stuff ist he one that stole it.  Or they just set it and the grill out, and when one went missing they put the other inside.

Its still illegal to fire bomb crappy businesses, right?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:48:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Man, I would really be tempted to drive by his house and poke my head in his backyard.  It wouldn't surprise me either way, more than likely whatever lackey he had move your stuff ist he one that stole it.  Or they just set it and the grill out, and when one went missing they put the other inside.

Its still illegal to fire bomb crappy businesses, right?

Only in Oklahoma...we're in the Bible belt.  We're only allowed to stone people to death 'round these parts.  Rainin' down fire is god's biz.

He called me back about 30 mins ago for god knows what...  I'm gonna let him stew in it for a bit before I see what he has to say.
waterboy
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 02:00:51 pm »

Off 75 near 41st & Union? I stored my airboat there for the first year. He quoted me one price then jacked it up the second month. I didn't notice till later when he told me that was just a "first month" rate. He's a creep.
iplaw
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 02:05:04 pm »

Not the same storage units, but owned by the same guy if I'm not mistaken...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 02:27:03 pm »

My guess is they moved you OUT and not OVER. I had a similar experience where my storage unit was auctioned off, it was only when they were signing the sale paperwork did they notice they had the wrong unit.

I bet you were lucky the grill was still there, he was probably taking them/selling them.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 02:28:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

Dear Forum Patrons,

I had a first for me today.  I filed a claim with the BBB against 75 South Storage.

We rented a unit for a few months while our house was being finished in Jenks.  We moved the majority of our things out, but our movers couldn't get our chiminea or grill onto the truck...I said that it was no big deal because I could get them later....well....

A week later and we go to pick up that chiminea and grill and, lo and behold, we have been MOVED OUT of our unit and into the unit next to us...and to boot, our $350 chiminea is now "missing."  Would be no big deal but it was my father's who passed away a couple of years ago.

Called the owner today and he was completely unprofessional to say the least.  He basically informed me that even though I had paid my bill until the end of August, we were moved out because "we were in the wrong unit."  We were basically told to piss off and that he had no interest in even reviewing the survelance footage which clearly films our unit.  We were informed that since it's a new system that it might not work anyways.

I SMELL A RAT.

So my question is...what should I do with this bozo?  I know what my options are, but I'm feeling like making an example out of him because he was so unhelpful...the least he could do is look at the video footage.

Rake him across the coals....He's acting tough but I he will soften up when he finds out your serious.....Not to mention the fact he has probably been bullying more prople than just you......

iplaw
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 02:35:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner
Rake him across the coals....He's acting tough but I he will soften up when he finds out your serious.....Not to mention the fact he has probably been bullying more prople than just you......

That's what makes me want to make an example of him.  I can't stand it when people have such little regard for their customers or their property.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 02:41:26 pm »

quote:

I was thinking about getting a unit at the one near 41st & Union. But if it's the same guy, no thanks. [V]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 02:44:32 pm »

TulsaMini needs a mini-storage?

Power is nothing till you use it.
iplaw
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

quote:

I was thinking about getting a unit at the one near 41st & Union. But if it's the same guy, no thanks. [V]

Please ask to see if the owner/manager is the same person.  PM me when you find out their name and I can confirm or deny, but I don't want to publish his name here...at least for now..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org