A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 10:17:56 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not use 75 Storage South (Resolved)  (Read 6510 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 02:50:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

TulsaMini needs a mini-storage?

Yeah, it's a lot of little stuff.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 03:44:06 pm »

Good luck iplaw.  I hope you can burn him or at least put the fear of Law in him.
Lister
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 04:53:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Good luck iplaw.  I hope you can burn him or at least put the fear of Law in him.

Me too. I can't stand these types of people. Rake him across those coals really good, leave very little flesh.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:20 am »

IP,

Do you know any good attornies?

I guarantee what happened was this DB figured that you had moved your stuff and the rest was abandoned.  I suspect he's furnished an entire house and a few rental houses to boot with "abandoned" items from his storage bidness.

TulsaMini- you are just too quick! [Tongue]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 08:58:15 am »

Well...

I have some good news.

I got a call from the owner this morning, and he has offered to reimburse me for the chiminea and profusely apologized to me on the phone...

He actually went and watched his video feed from his cameras, and though he wouldn't confirm/deny outright, either his employee or the new renter was seen stealing my chiminea.

He actually was a stand-up guy and admitted fault in the matter. I was told that his employee would be dealt with for moving stuff out of my storage space.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:01:09 am »

hmmm, maybe he's also a TulsaNow reader and saw the posts!  [Smiley]

Glad it worked out.  I always figure you can't help the mistake once it's made, but how you resolve it is what matters.  

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 09:16:19 am »

Glad there's somewhat of a happy ending.  You can buy another one, but it's still not your dad's.

I can't believe he'd rather pay you than to track down the whereabouts of the chiminea if it's on video.

At least he did do the right thing.  I still won't rent from him though.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 09:16:34 am »

Yeah.  I was still torn about what to do even when he offered because I don't want him to think he can just waltz into someone's storage unit and remove items because the renter is somehow inconveniencing them.

After giving him a short explaination on what type of liability he could subject himself to, he explained to me that there was miscommunication between an employee and us.  Apparently they thought we returned our pass card and that we were moved out...

Either way it's over and he did the right thing....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 09:32:36 am »

Great News!  I just got back from firebombing this lowlife's storage units and... oh, wait a minute.

Crap.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 09:49:53 am »

You'd better get back over there stat!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 10:12:12 am »

I gave up Molotov cocktails after I saw "A Bronx Tale".

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org