A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:35:27 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming to Tulsa  (Read 5193 times)
TulsaFan-inTexas
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:52:17 pm »

I'll be coming to Tulsa next week on business and would like to know of a good hotel that is in the mid-town or downtown areas that is relatively close to things to do (places to eat, etc). I'm thinking of around Brookside or Cherry street (or maybe downtown?). The company I work for usually puts us up in pretty posh places, but that's not necessary - I just want something clean and safe. I want to be able to go out at night and enjoy myself without having to drive all over town. Although, I'll probably be doing some sightseeing as well.
Thanks
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:03:10 pm »

If you are wanting to avoid the Downtown hotels (Double Tree and Crowne Plaza) try the Savoy at 6th & Peoria.  Nicely renovated, close enough to downtown & Brookside.  They have units with kitchenettes.  A friend of mine stayed there about a month ago.

I don't think they are hooked up on any of the travel web sites, just Google them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:04:37 pm »

The bad news is most of the hotels are separated from any entertainment area.  The Brady District, Cherry Street, the Blue Dome, or Brookside are the 4 major bar areas (Boston and 21st is a lesser area, Harvard and 11th lesser still).  None have a hotel next door that I know of.  

The good news is that all are a $15 cab ride within 15 minutes of downtown.  Maybe I am wrong, since I am not often looking for a hotel in town.  But its something I have often thought of.

You're best bet would be to stay at the Adam's Mark hotel downtown.  You can walk to the Brady Theatre, Cains Ballroom, the PAC and 12+ bars clubs if you are willing to hike half mile in any direction.  And if someone else is paying for your room...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 03:28:11 pm »

The historic Ambassador Hotel between Downtown and Cherry Street.  Offers complimentary transportation service to Brookside, Utica Square, etc.

http://www.hotelambassador-tulsa.com/

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 03:39:27 pm »

2nd the ambassador...

we have guests stay there several times a year...
complimentary town car to utica, brookside, cherry street, 18th and boston, blue dome and brady (your a 2-5 minute car ride from any of these)...

excellent service...

chalkboard downstairs has great food as well...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 03:40:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

The bad news is most of the hotels are separated from any entertainment area.  The Brady District, Cherry Street, the Blue Dome, or Brookside are the 4 major bar areas (Boston and 21st is a lesser area, Harvard and 11th lesser still).  None have a hotel next door that I know of.  

The good news is that all are a $15 cab ride within 15 minutes of downtown.  Maybe I am wrong, since I am not often looking for a hotel in town.  But its something I have often thought of.

You're best bet would be to stay at the Adam's Mark hotel downtown.  You can walk to the Brady Theatre, Cains Ballroom, the PAC and 12+ bars clubs if you are willing to hike half mile in any direction.  And if someone else is paying for your room...

more like $5 cab rides... we do it all the time...
hell, $13 will get you from the hotels downtown to cloud9... or so the bands from dfest told me...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:45:06 pm »

Ambassador all the way....You do not want to walk from the Adams Mark..Take the shuttle...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:01:15 am »

Wow, the Ambassador sounds like a better alternative than staying on my sailboat when my wife is P.O.'d at me.

I'll have to try that next time she goes on the warpath.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 08:10:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper
...hell, $13 will get you from the hotels downtown to cloud9...

That should be a regular bus route...not for me of course, but for the tourists...

Power is nothing till you use it.
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 06:38:10 pm »

I can finally reply. The Ambassador it is. I'm looking forward to it! Thanks everyone. You're a great bunch of folks.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 07:30:28 pm »

How much is a stay at the Ambassador?  Sounds like it would be a fun night for people who live in Tulsa as well if you just want to party.

TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 07:12:35 am »

It ranges from 200 to a little over 300 a night. Not cheap, but man that is one nice place.
mdunn
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 11:39:13 pm »

motel 6 always leaves a light on!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org