A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:26:01 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody been to 209?  (Read 11023 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: September 06, 2007, 03:44:32 pm »

What's your opinion of this place.  Good cocktails?

http://www.club209tulsa.com/

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 04:35:21 pm »

Nice comfortable place. Often has good live music and the owner tries to have a different local artist show their work there every month. Tries to get artists who are just starting out and get them a bit of exposure.

I also really like Lolas which is just down the street.  And Gypsy coffe house and cyber cafe, which is nearby, can be a funky place to hang out as well. Its in the old Gypsy Oil building.

http://www.lolasatthebowery.com/lolas%20web/home.html

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:36:47 pm »

I like it.  Non-smoking.  But just a word of warning...it leans towards the GLBT crowd.  If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.  But I think they have all sorts of clientele, especially on nights when they have art shows and live music.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:14:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I like it.  Non-smoking.  But just a word of warning...it leans towards the GLBT crowd.  If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.  But I think they have all sorts of clientele, especially on nights when they have art shows and live music.

I am sure Townsend was aware of that. Hence the "cocktails" comment.  But I think "come as a shock" is a, disrespectful choice of words. Not only for those that go there but to anyone who may decide to visit. If someone is inclined to be "shocked" do you think they deserve the effort of a "fair warning"?  If we are so concerned about possibly shocking poor unsuspecting people, perhaps we should have a similar warning about this website. [Tongue]

Oh, I went to that new restaurant downtown, El Guapos. It was good. But just a word of warning... it leans to the "breeder" crowd. If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
USRufnex
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:05:11 am »

It's definitely a gay bar on Thurs and Sunday... but Fri/Sat is a mixed, eclectic crowd.... best view of downtown Tulsa.  The owner's a great guy... and he really, really wants it to be a mixed-crowd, eclectic "arts" bar...

Trying to find a niche.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:32:28 am »

Entire post deleted.  These sort of comments do not belong on this forum and will not be tolerated.

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:56:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I am sure Townsend was aware of that. Hence the "cocktails" comment.  But I think "come as a shock" is a, disrespectful choice of words. Not only for those that go there but to anyone who may decide to visit. If someone is inclined to be "shocked" do you think they deserve the effort of a "fair warning"?  If we are so concerned about possibly shocking poor unsuspecting people, perhaps we should have a similar warning about this website. [Tongue]

Oh, I went to that new restaurant downtown, El Guapos. It was good. But just a word of warning... it leans to the "breeder" crowd. If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.

OK, OK, OK point taken.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:16:48 am »

Reply to deleted post removed
- - - -

How abut Yellow Brick Road, the Bamboo Lounge, or Club Majestic.  Now THOSE are gay bars.  Actually a brief search reveals much more "gay" nightlife than one might imagine in Tulsa, 9 gay bars listed.  Sorry if it "shocks" anyone to know that Tulsa is a regional gay mecca.  [8D]

and while El Guapo would be a great name for a gay bar, I'm afraid its just a nice Mexican Restaurant.  I need to get out to the Brady District more.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 07:34:13 am »

Damn dudes, I was just wondering if it was a cool place to drink for HH.  No troubles with the alternative lifestyles.  Appreciate the concern.

"cocktails" is just part of my vernacular.

Much abliged

Artist - Been to Lola's many times since it was the Snooty Fox.  Thanks for the heads up though.  I've just never noticed this bar (209)before.  Did it open around the time of Mooch and Burn?
iplaw
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:21:30 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

Deleted by moderator

Wow...that's a PWI offense if I ever saw one...

Yes.  It was.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 08:59:08 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Damn dudes, I was just wondering if it was a cool place to drink for HH.  No troubles with the alternative lifestyles.  Appreciate the concern.

Much abliged

Artist - Been to Lola's many times since it was the Snooty Fox.  Thanks for the heads up though.  I've just never noticed this bar (209)before.  Did it open around the time of Mooch and Burn?

My apologies. And I have never heard of Mooch and Burn. Where is it and what is it? Restaurant, bar, club, music?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 09:30:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Much abliged

My apologies. And I have never heard of Mooch and Burn. Where is it and what is it? Restaurant, bar, club, music?

Cool cellar style bar.  Reminded me of some undergrounds I'd been to.  There are live bands there.  I dug it last few times I was there after a show at Cain's.

It's on North Main across the street and South of Sound Pony.  Last time I was there there was just the word "bar" painted above the door.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 09:41:17 am »

Earlier this week, I'd heard Mooch & Burn was closing or has closed.  Anyone know if that's Gospel?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:37:54 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

Deleted by moderator

Wow...that's a PWI offense if I ever saw one...

Yes.  It was.

What does PWI stand for??

209 is a pretty good place, and I'd like to second the whole 'best view of downtown' statement.
iplaw
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:11 am »

Posting While Intoxicated

The time of day was a dead giveaway.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org