A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:47:36 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody been to 209?  (Read 11040 times)
inteller
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:29:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

I am sure Townsend was aware of that. Hence the "cocktails" comment.  But I think "come as a shock" is a, disrespectful choice of words.

more disrespectful that stereotyping cocktail drinkers as gay?  Pot, meet kettle.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 02:52:37 pm »

Do they play broadway show tunes?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 03:00:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

apparently.

and I guess next time I order a mojito or cosmo I have to be careful not to send the wrong signals to gay men.....because we all know that heterosexual men only drink beer.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 03:02:56 pm »

Hey!  What's wrong with Broadway show tunes?

/whistles the Candle Song from RENT and transitions brilliantly into the Theme to Hair (long beautiful hair...)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 03:05:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

apparently.

and I guess next time I order a mojito or cosmo I have to be careful not to send the wrong signals to gay men.....because we all know that heterosexual men only drink beer.

Does it send the wrong signal that I like a little umbrella and marachino cherry in my beer?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 03:26:23 pm »

"Oklahoma" has cowboys in it...so if I whistle "oh what a beautiful morning" I could be either side of the barbed wire.

just don't drink your bellini through a stir straw and you're golden.  If you have to drink it through a stir straw for any reason, for God's sake make no eye contact.

Try it once.  You won't feel very James Bondish
inteller
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 06:30:31 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

apparently.

Does it send the wrong signal that I like a little umbrella and marachino cherry in my beer?

yeah to say the least.

since we're having a little Queer Eye for the Straight Guy session, does anyone know a liquor store here in town that carries Absolut New Orleans?  I had some at a bar while drinking my straight cocktail.  It tastes pretty damn good.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 07:15:45 am »

I believe Ranch Acres carries it.  If not, ask them and they will probably stock it.  I've had great luck with them and now it is the only place I go for my unfortunately large alcohol expenditures.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 08:50:32 am »

funny enough when it first opened 4 couples went in before a cains show... nice place, superclean, hip urban decor, pop/dance remixes on the jukebox, architectural/interior magazines, nice leather furniture, great service and a fish bowl full of condoms on the bar... then it all made sense, we got it... several cowboys were dressed to the nines, sitting on the patio- hats, boots, wranglers and all... surely would've made their conservative bretheren fall over in sheep dip...

nice bar, great service, good drinks... not our crowd but not uncomfortable at all...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
iplaw
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 12:35:02 pm »

quote:
fish bowl full of condoms
Free appetizers?  Is this what you get at a gay bar instead of peanuts and pretzels?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 12:49:57 pm »

That's their version of a "To go box"......

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 03:09:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

That's their version of a "To go box"......

[}:)]

So Breadburner, wanna meet for a drink at 209 later this week?

Lister
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 03:22:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

I like it.  Non-smoking.  But just a word of warning...it leans towards the GLBT crowd.  If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.  But I think they have all sorts of clientele, especially on nights when they have art shows and live music.

I am sure Townsend was aware of that. Hence the "cocktails" comment.  But I think "come as a shock" is a, disrespectful choice of words. Not only for those that go there but to anyone who may decide to visit. If someone is inclined to be "shocked" do you think they deserve the effort of a "fair warning"?  If we are so concerned about possibly shocking poor unsuspecting people, perhaps we should have a similar warning about this website. [Tongue]

Oh, I went to that new restaurant downtown, El Guapos. It was good. But just a word of warning... it leans to the "breeder" crowd. If you're not used to it, I didn't want it to come as a shock.

Is that what the gay community refers to us heteros as, "Breeders?" Funny!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 03:27:55 pm »

Yeah, "breeders" is the semi derogatory term for straight people.  Not really mean spirited, just mildly derogatory.  At least that's how I take it... and it makes me chuckle.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 03:29:39 pm »

My wife has a gay brother and vegetarian sister.  I've been labeled as a "carnivorous breeder" within that family.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org