A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:18:31 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Fescue Seeding  (Read 2117 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« on: September 12, 2007, 08:18:18 pm »

Anyone have a recommendation on someone to aerate and overseed my yard with fescue?  I normally do all my lawncare myself, but don't have the time or energy to lug around the aerator this year.  I have seen a few signs around town of people that do it, but I wondered if anyone here might have a recommendation?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:03:25 pm »

Call Earth Enterprises....Ask for Ralph.....He does my fertilization and pre-emergent....Has for 20 years.....He may or may not do overseeding.....

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:23:07 am »

So is it a good idea to aerate before you overseed? I've bought some seed and wanted to overseed a bit but didn't realize I needed to aerate first - it makes sense, but I didn't think about it.

tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:34:58 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsacyclist

So is it a good idea to aerate before you overseed? I've bought some seed and wanted to overseed a bit but didn't realize I needed to aerate first - it makes sense, but I didn't think about it.

Depends on your soil.  Mine is very compact and needs it.  I have noticed a distinct difference since I started aerating.  The cool thing about aerating is that the plugs crumble up and provide just enough earth to cover the seed and some of the seed falls in the holes which also helps them establish.  I overseed the entire lawn every fall.  It's a losing battle in Oklahoma's climate to have a fescue lawn, but not much else you can do with all my shade.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org