A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 10:24:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole foods?  (Read 4266 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: September 29, 2007, 09:46:22 am »

Have you all heard that Wild Oats is no more?  I was shopping there yesterday and saw that they're slowly changing over.

Will we get better prices but same good quality?  I hope they won't be bringing in Chinese made crap in an effort to lower prices[Sad!]

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:39:12 pm »

Whole foods is a good company but I heard their buyout was rejected.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:04:19 pm »

I read yesterday that the acquisition has been completed.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:31:38 pm »

Wild Oats is no more, the stores are being rebranded Whole Foods.
cyndezu
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 07:38:13 pm »

Well hopefully it will be the same assortment of the usual, and not lead based yogurt pretzel's and  cheap shoe's
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:47:22 am »

Wild Oats bought buy Whole Foods or as they say in L.A. "Whole Paycheck" becuz it takes a whole paycheck to shop there! It will remain the same but different name.
Too bad we cant combine Wally World Market, Pryamid and Wild Oats/Whole Foods into one market/one location.

FOTD
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 02:48:34 pm »

Want wholepaycheque to have a wider prescence here?

Sign the petition to add liquor to grocery store sales......
Rico
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

Wild Oats bought buy Whole Foods or as they say in L.A. "Whole Paycheck" becuz it takes a whole paycheck to shop there! It will remain the same but different name.
Too bad we cant combine Wally World Market, Pryamid and Wild Oats/Whole Foods into one market/one location.

They already have combined... It's called "Wally World... and forget about the Wine and Beer petition... The new location Downtown will have Parking Lot attendants handling that end of the trade..[}:)]
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:08 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

They have some really nice, organic fruits and veggies that the other stores don't have, at least on a consistent basis.  I also buy meats when they're on sale.  Of course the meats are still higher, even when on sale.  I also buy their brand of organic milk, eggs, and whatever is wholesome that's on sale.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org