News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Interesting

Started by Sangria, October 10, 2007, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sangria

I have been watching the aftermath of the decision to not use "county" taxes to develope the river for the City of Tulsa.

So far I have heard how we are losers from the Tulsa Chamber of Commerse, How disappointed Kathy and her cronies are... ALL city people with the exception of Randi Miller.

I would think that if this was such a good thing for the county - then we would hear more from the county side.

Looks like we did make the right decision.

Townsend

Randi's sitting in a corner sucking her thumb realizing she let her political career go up in smoke with this loss.

She may be having a hard time on the coherent words today.

NellieBly

And ruined a good pair of shoes for nothing.

swake

quote:
Originally posted by Sangria

I have been watching the aftermath of the decision to not use "county" taxes to develope the river for the City of Tulsa.

So far I have heard how we are losers from the Tulsa Chamber of Commerse, How disappointed Kathy and her cronies are... ALL city people with the exception of Randi Miller.

I would think that if this was such a good thing for the county - then we would hear more from the county side.

Looks like we did make the right decision.

It is the Tulsa METRO Chamber of Commerce (and it's spelled commerce, not Commerse), but why start worrying about accuracy now?

And no, it doesn't look that way.

AngieB

Well, if you want to be a stickler for accuracy, it's simply Tulsa Metro Chamber. No "of Commerce" in the name.

waterboy

Leave it to Sangria to be on the "winning" side and still find sour grapes and people to hate.

Sangria

Not hating on anyone.

This tax was pushed as a good thing for the COUNTY. I would think that we would hear a lot more from county leaders about the disappointment.

It was not a CITY tax, yet the loudest voices of disappointment come from the city leaders.

Except for Randi Miller, I really didn't know who else on the county end of things were pushing for the tax.

That's what I find interesting. This was a huge thing to only have ONE person from the county pushing it. If that is how it really is... we should be worried.

swake

quote:
Originally posted by Sangria

Not hating on anyone.

This tax was pushed as a good thing for the COUNTY. I would think that we would hear a lot more from county leaders about the disappointment.

It was not a CITY tax, yet the loudest voices of disappointment come from the city leaders.

Except for Randi Miller, I really didn't know who else on the county end of things were pushing for the tax.

That's what I find interesting. This was a huge thing to only have ONE person from the county pushing it. If that is how it really is... we should be worried.

Well, the "leaders" of the county would be the commission and all three voted to send it to a vote and two of the three actively campaigned to pass the measure. What more do you want?

shadows

Swake quoted:What more do you want?

Answer: Nothing; the majority of the voters were able to bring Christmas to the working poor and retires early this year.
Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today'
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.

Breadburner

quote:
Originally posted by shadows

Answer: Nothing; the majority of the voters were able to bring Christmas to the working poor and retires early this year.

Post of the year.......

Hometown

quote:

Well then it's going to be a "hard candy" Christmas.  The working poor and low income retirees need a lot more than this for Christmas, Shadows.  Is this the best you can do?  

Seeing things in your terms, I would say you think you won a battle but you have clearly already lost the war.  You need to raise your sights and ask for more for the people you say you represent.

How about a tripling of the food stamp allotment?  How about something that could really make a difference for people that are facing a very difficult situation?

swake

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

quote:

Well then it's going to be a "hard candy" Christmas.  The working poor and low income retirees need a lot more than this for Christmas, Shadows.  Is this the best you can do?  

Seeing things in your terms, I would say you think you won a battle but you have clearly already lost the war.  You need to raise your sights and ask for more for the people you say you represent.

How about a tripling of the food stamp allotment?  How about something that could really make a difference for people that are facing a very difficult situation?

But you see, a LOT of these "it will hurt the poor" bleeding heart don't really give a damn about the poor. What they care about it their own tax rate, period.

The moral bankruptcy, hypocrisy and selfishness of their position is painfully obvious.

swake

"Friendly Bear" and "Shadows" are excellent examples. They only show up here when it's time for a tax vote. And they rail and rail about taxes and what it costs the "working poor" and how we the poor workers are being ripped off by the Tax Vampires and how evil and wasteful government is. And when the vote for taxes is over, they are gone because it's taxes they really care about.

You could poll 1000 single working mothers on the north side and ask them to write down their top ten worries in life and the sales tax rate is not going to be any of their lists.

They aren't speaking out to protect the poor, they are speaking out to protect their own fat wallet.

shadows

Swake:

Just suggest that the sales taxes be removed from sales on food and watch the bureaucracy faint.  

The "No tax weekend" caused a glut of shoppers taking advantage to the near 10% reduction on final cost of the many special items.

And you would treat it as a passing unnoticed event?
Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today'
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.

guido911

quote:
Originally posted by swake

"Friendly Bear" and "Shadows" are excellent examples. They only show up here when it's time for a tax vote. And they rail and rail about taxes and what it costs the "working poor" and how we the poor workers are being ripped off by the Tax Vampires and how evil and wasteful government is. And when the vote for taxes is over, they are gone because it's taxes they really care about.

You could poll 1000 single working mothers on the north side and ask them to write down their top ten worries in life and the sales tax rate is not going to be any of their lists.

They aren't speaking out to protect the poor, they are speaking out to protect their own fat wallet.

Ouch. That will leave a mark.
Someone get Hoss a pacifier.