A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:21:36 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mahogany, Chalboard... or where else?  (Read 3640 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: October 13, 2007, 04:33:54 pm »

We need a special place for tomorrow night. Which of these three places would you recommend?  

Is Mahogany all it's cracked up to be?  Great steaks?  I heard it's outrageously expensive, but since this is a special occasion, might be worth the splurge.

How about Chalkboard?  

Don't have to be steak tomorrow, just trying to find a special place.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:06:31 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by HoneySuckle

We need a special place for tomorrow night. Which of these three places would you recommend?  

Is Mahogany all it's cracked up to be?  Great steaks?  I heard it's outrageously expensive, but since this is a special occasion, might be worth the splurge.

How about Chalkboard?  

Don't have to be steak tomorrow, just trying to find a special place.

Stonehorse and Wild Fork are nice.
Ate at the French Hen recently and had an outstanding meal.  (it's not all snails and whatnot)  Smiley
And also had a great experience at Michael Fusco's Riverside Grill.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:21:40 pm »

We have gone to Mahogany a few times for special occasions. I think it is worth the money for a special treat.  The food is very wonderful, but the atmostphere is the best, the service has always been impeccable, It's like being somewhere totally different.  If you let them know its a special night, they'll go even more over the top for you.  Ask for a corner booth, you will feel most secluded.  Anyway, for a treat, it's a good place to go.  I like the quietness of it.  

I know I'll get yelled at, but we also went to the Melting Pot for nice dinner out and really enjoyed it.  It's slow pace, fun and I thought the main dishes and dessert were awesome.  It's a ++GASP++ chain, but another idea.

Good luck and enjoy your special night.  mmmm, bed & breakfast and nice restaurant, someone has been good!  Smiley

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:50:43 am »

You know I have heard about Mahogany but have just never tried it. Driving by it looks like such a small place. Suppose I will have to break down and try it though. I have been to the Melting Pot and really enjoyed that. Dont think I have eaten that much food since. I was absolutely gorged on all the courses you get, and couldnt possibly stuff another thing down...then they plopped down this bowl of lusciously flavored melted chocolate and plates of desserts and fruits to dip into it. Oh, the agony. Nice atmosphere too.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:31:14 pm »

I had actually listed three restaurants, Tsunami was one, but removed it after hearing that it was not in the league of Mahogany and Chalkboard[Cheesy]

We went to Mahogany and the food was very tasty, great steaks, but good grief, I should never have looked at the bill[:O]  No wonder someone had mentioned that you needed to have a lot of money to eat there!

It's definitely somewhere for a very special occasion, but not an every weekend eat-out place,lol

HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:26 am »

Never tried the Melting Pot, but it sounds interesting.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:45:36 am »

I'm glad you had a wonderful time out.  It is definitely a chunk of change, but I think its worth it for a special night out.

The Melting Pot isn't quite as expensive, but close.  I think a meal for two with all courses is about $90.  Their menu is online so can chec it out.  It was fun, again, not an everyday place for me, but special dinner.

HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »

Thanks.  I notice there aren't any prices on the Melting Pot's site.  Think I'll wait awhile until we can afford another splurge.  Sounds yummy though.

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:37:42 pm »

Melting Pot is overpriced and so-so.  The Brasserie is another excellent special occasion restaurant.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 08:48:21 am »

I'm sorry but "Brasserie" sounds like a place for women to buy a special undergarment. [:I]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 09:07:31 am »

Gaucho is another "special occasion" place especially if you go at dinner time. They don't sell underwear either.
NellieBly
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 09:32:45 am »

I have always enjoyed Palace Cafe. Nice atmosphere and great food and service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org