News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Where do you go if you don't like burgers & steaks

Started by kongsuni, October 16, 2007, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongsuni

Hiya..

I don't much care for hamburgers and steaks, or really for grilled food in general.. Unless it's bulgogi, kalbi or fish- like salmon (not shrimp). I don't eat shellfish or pork.

I've lived here for a long time & most of the things I've seen are steak houses & hamburger joints or mom & pop type places - Which I don't really like.. I am not a fan of chicken fried steak, steak, hamburgers or sub sandwiches.. So... What else is there? Are there any health food places or vegetarian places or more ethnic places?.. I like Asian & middle eastern foods.. I used to live in Korea, so that's what I cook most of the time. The Korean Garden is a sorry example of Korean food.. I went there & was like "ew..." lol There's a restaurant type place in the back of the New Seoul Market, but, it's not really much of a restaurant & I haven't been there, yet.

Lana Thai is good- It's my favorite place to eat. I'm looking for some other good places, though...

Vegetarian, Vietnamese, Hmong, Korean, Japanese, Filipino, Indian, Greek, Jamaican, Middle-Eastern, Jewish/Kosher & health food places.. :D

Thanks!!

PS: I am not a big fan of Italian food or stuff with sausages & whatnot... Like bratwurst.. Not my scene. :/

RecycleMichael

Llanna Thai is excellent. Have you tried Thai Siam?

I also go to the Thai buffet place on Harvard, Bangkok.

Power is nothing till you use it.

pmcalk

If you like Indian, India Palace on 71st & Lewis is one of my all time favorites.  Cedars is good (Greek).  If you want American health food, try Big Als on 15th & Harvard or Impressions downtown.  I have gotten good fish at lots of places in Tulsa.  Try Bodeans to start.  Tulsa does need a good Jewish Deli.  To get Kosher, you need to go through some of the Jewish organizations/Synagogue.

Ibanez

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Llanna Thai is excellent. Have you tried Thai Siam?

I also go to the Thai buffet place on Harvard, Bangkok.

Are you stalking me?

Conan71

Halim & Mimi's rocks.

11th St. at about Columbia in the strip center on the north side of the road.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

Kashmir

Ri-Le at 91/Yale has excellent, very fresh Vietnamese.  They have a second "authentic" menu I believe. (ya gotta ask!)

RecycleMichael

If you don't like burgers and steaks...have you tried hot dogs?
Power is nothing till you use it.

kongsuni

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

If you don't like burgers and steaks...have you tried hot dogs?

[:D] LMAO... [:P] I don't much care for those, either. When I lived in Korea, I had a bit of my boyfriend's pig intestine soup (just to try it) & it tastes just like a hot dog, except a bit less sodium. [;)] Just thought I'd share that with you. [}:)]

But um.. Yeah. LOL I'm not much of a hot dog person, either. They are under the "compressed/processed meats".. Not much of a fan of that sorta thing, or sausages/ground up meats, either.. Turkey sausage is pretty good, but it's not like normal sausage. I'm just weird. [:(]

As for everyone else's replies- Thank you very much!!! :D I appreciate your responses. :) I think I'll go have some lunch at one of the suggested places. :D

Best Wishes,
~ Kongsuni

jne

Also Bin-Le on 31st. Deluxe Veggie Bun Chao Go (sp?) mmmmm
Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.

PonderInc

A agree with all the recommendations above, and I would also add Tsunami Sushi (downtown) to the list.

Has anyone eaten at Local Table (down by Bigga) on Brookside yet?

Ed W

There's lighter fare at McAllister's, Camille's, or Panera.  Things like soup, salads, and sandwiches.  I kinda like the vegetarian panini at Camilles.

But on an entirely different tack, there's the slow food movement and the always-popular Betty Crocker Cookbook, a source of inspiration and entertainment for me when I was poor and bored.
Ed

May you live in interesting times.

TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by Kashmir

Ri-Le at 91/Yale has excellent, very fresh Vietnamese.  They have a second "authentic" menu I believe. (ya gotta ask!)

Oooh yes. I used to eat there all the time. Very good. Somehow hadn't thought of it in a long while. Will have to go this week. Thanks for the reminder lol.
"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h

Rowdy

citizen72

quote:
Originally posted by kongsuni

Hiya..

I don't much care for hamburgers and steaks, or really for grilled food in general.. Unless it's bulgogi, kalbi or fish- like salmon (not shrimp). I don't eat shellfish or pork.

I've lived here for a long time & most of the things I've seen are steak houses & hamburger joints or mom & pop type places - Which I don't really like.. I am not a fan of chicken fried steak, steak, hamburgers or sub sandwiches.. So... What else is there? Are there any health food places or vegetarian places or more ethnic places?.. I like Asian & middle eastern foods.. I used to live in Korea, so that's what I cook most of the time. The Korean Garden is a sorry example of Korean food.. I went there & was like "ew..." lol There's a restaurant type place in the back of the New Seoul Market, but, it's not really much of a restaurant & I haven't been there, yet.

Lana Thai is good- It's my favorite place to eat. I'm looking for some other good places, though...

Vegetarian, Vietnamese, Hmong, Korean, Japanese, Filipino, Indian, Greek, Jamaican, Middle-Eastern, Jewish/Kosher & health food places.. :D

Thanks!!

PS: I am not a big fan of Italian food or stuff with sausages & whatnot... Like bratwurst.. Not my scene. :/

Just get in your car and drive around. Tulsa has many many different types of restaurants.
^^^^^

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm seas."

mspivey

+1 on Bangkok.

I went to the vegge Be Le on Lewis. Was not impressed. I was amused. They had beef flavored bean curd, chicken flavored bean curd, srimp and pork flavored bean curd. Do vegans crave meat flavor that much?