A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:19:20 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Green Chili in Tulsa  (Read 14834 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 11:39:50 am »

Nothings ever come close to Moore Oklahoma's original La Roca tomatillo salsa (with a Noche Buena beer).

Here: March 26, 2013
The Arms Race to Grow World's Hottest Pepper Goes Nuclear
Nobody Holds Record Long; After 800,000 Scoville Units, Watch Out

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324281004578356703455812208.html
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »

Thanks for posting NM!

The canned Hatch chiles have citric acid added as a preservative and, IMO, it taints the flavor.

You said "taint".   

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 05:50:39 pm »

You said "taint".   

Heh, heh, heh, uh, huh, huh

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

Let's keep it "R" rated or lower, please!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nmoky
Citizen

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »

Green Chile back at Whataburger here in Tulsa for a limited time!  While they are pushing the double meat green chile cheese burger, that's a bit much for me, so I had them add it to the grilled chicken sandwich for just $.50 extra, and that was pretty good!  Good authentic roasted NM green chile. (not canned).
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:18 pm »

I had one a couple of years ago, then looked on their web site and discovered Whataburger uses "anti-foaming" agents.  Haven't returned.

I'm fortunate I married a woman who loves NM cuisine as much as I do and she makes some killer green chile stew and green chile sauce.  I enjoyed some green chile over my eggs this morning and on a turkey cutlet last night.

If anyone wants some legit red, green, or XMAS, the Green Chile Kitchen on Route 66 in Yukon is excellent.  It doesn't have the ambiance of having a smothered burrito at Orlando's in Taos or rellenos at The Shed in Santa Fe, but it's only two hours from Tulsa. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:16 am »

I had one a couple of years ago, then looked on their web site and discovered Whataburger uses "anti-foaming" agents.  Haven't returned.

I'm fortunate I married a woman who loves NM cuisine as much as I do and she makes some killer green chile stew and green chile sauce.  I enjoyed some green chile over my eggs this morning and on a turkey cutlet last night.

If anyone wants some legit red, green, or XMAS, the Green Chile Kitchen on Route 66 in Yukon is excellent.  It doesn't have the ambiance of having a smothered burrito at Orlando's in Taos or rellenos at The Shed in Santa Fe, but it's only two hours from Tulsa. 

Ahem...turkey cutlet?  You'd better had a lump of lard on top or had it wrapped in bacon, or else we are getting close to:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 07:34:41 am »

Ahem...turkey cutlet?  You'd better had a lump of lard on top or had it wrapped in bacon, or else we are getting close to:

Bacon is the duct-tape of meats!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 08:19:59 am »

It gets worse, Guido.  It was served on a bed of creamed cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes.  Where do I have to hand in my card?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 08:36:45 am »

It gets worse, Guido.  It was served on a bed of creamed cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes.  Where do I have to hand in my card?

I vote you keep it as long as we go to Burnco soon...  Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 08:39:06 am »

I had one a couple of years ago, then looked on their web site and discovered Whataburger uses "anti-foaming" agents.  Haven't returned.

I'm fortunate I married a woman who loves NM cuisine as much as I do and she makes some killer green chile stew and green chile sauce.  I enjoyed some green chile over my eggs this morning and on a turkey cutlet last night.

If anyone wants some legit red, green, or XMAS, the Green Chile Kitchen on Route 66 in Yukon is excellent.  It doesn't have the ambiance of having a smothered burrito at Orlando's in Taos or rellenos at The Shed in Santa Fe, but it's only two hours from Tulsa.  

La Michoacana Meat Market on SW 29th, OKC.  A block or two west of Western.  OMG!!
Deli/cooking to the left - meat at the back in large cases!  Ribeyes about 2 feet in diameter, 3/16" thick....

And you better speak Spanish or take someone with - they don't speak much English.  One very small table to sit in, so mostly take out.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 08:42:15 am »

La Michoacana Meat Market on SW 29th, OKC.  A block or two west of Western.  OMG!!

And you better speak Spanish or take someone with - they don't speak much English.  One very small table to sit in, so mostly take out.

Actual New Mexican, or simply Mexican?

Try the deli at Morelos in the center just south of I-44 on the east side of Peoria.  Great Mexican street food.  Also the best place I've found to get Mexican specialty items. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:38 am »

Actual New Mexican, or simply Mexican?

Try the deli at Morelos in the center just south of I-44 on the east side of Peoria.  Great Mexican street food.  Also the best place I've found to get Mexican specialty items. 

Real live Mexican.  Old Mexico Mexican.

And don't go after dark.  It is not the best neighborhood....just really good food.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 09:24:51 am »

It was served on a bed of creamed cauliflower as a sub for mashed potatoes.

You doing Paleo?  That's the only time I've heard of anybody actually doing that.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:19 am »

You doing Paleo?  That's the only time I've heard of anybody actually doing that.

We aren't strict adherents to it.  Our main code is eating using ingredients with no or minimal processing before it hits our kitchen.  We also tweak carb and fat levels based on activity demands.

My wife and I both are avid cyclists.  If the next day is a hard work out or race, we will up the carbs night before and breakfast.  If next day is a recovery day or day off, we cut the carbs.

What ever we are doing seems to be working.  I'm staying between 165 and 170 even though I'm not doing long endurance rides or races at this point in the year.  It's all shorter high-intensity stuff (Google a video of cyclocross).  I've not weighed this little since high school.

BTW, put cream cheese in the cauliflower and it's terrific.  That's a tip we learned from Gaspar.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org