A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 05:59:41 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fresh Figs for sale anywhere in Tulsa area?  (Read 4432 times)
mh10
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:08:56 pm »

Does anybody know of any place in the Tulsa area where I can buy fresh (not dried) figs?
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:29:30 pm »

I have bought fresh figs from Wild Oats and from Pettys, but I don't believe either carries them year round, so you might call.

mh10
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:02:05 pm »

Thanks! I visit both places often, so I'll check.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 08:21:07 pm »

I have several large fig trees in my backyard. They are, I believe, white figs. Planted there by the previous owners, along with 2 pear trees, a peach tree and a chinese apple tree and 2 paw paws that I finally cut down... they tasted strange and looked funky. I almost cut down the Chinese apple tree as well. But one day the first year I moved here some Chinese people knocked on my door and asked if they could have some and told me what they were. I didnt even know you could eat the things. I told the young guy at the door I had almost cut it down and the old Chinese guy standing in the yard almost had a fit saying " No, no, you no cut down!  We look everywhere, it the only one, you no cut down!" So I have left it and get quite a number of people coming by each year when it is ripe to pick them. Only thing about it is that it grows little apple treas all over the place like crazy and makes that part of the yard look bad. I have started putting plantings in buckets and when someone wants the apples I give them a planting. I dont know if the figs are "ripe" yet. Though I am never sure when they are ripe lol. If you want any and know what to do with them you can have them aaaall. I have eaten a few and they just dont do anything for me personally.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
mh10
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 08:03:12 pm »

Artist, your email and messaging don't seem to go through. Please call me at 430-5842 or email jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com.

Or if anybody else has fresh figs to give away or sell, please contact me. Thanks.

Jim Purdy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org