A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 05:45:35 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medlock lectures me on "truthiness"  (Read 11610 times)
rwarn17588
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 10:37:44 am »

It's obvious that Medlock and Bates are simply trying the cover the *ss of a fellow Republican who's acting like knucklehead.

Whether Duncan called a press conference or not is immaterial. He did the dumb thing and said the dumb thing. That's what we -- and everyone else -- are reacting to.

OMG, the Muslim group gave a gift book! Horrors!

Here's a hint for future politicians that don't want to get in trouble in the future: Don't act like a jerk and a bigot.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 10:55:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

11 locations open seven days a week

http://metrecycle.com/depots.htm

Thank You......

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 11:06:45 am »

I read it again, and I guess I did misread what Ruf said.

But it sure would explain a lot.
MichaelC
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 11:26:25 am »

Sure it would, I always kind of figured Medlock was most likely guido.  But, I knew it would be a serious put down if I accused guido of being Medlock.  You know, Medlock has no feelings, but I'm sure guido does.  And it's not like I hate the guy.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 11:48:09 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelC

Sure it would, I always kind of figured Medlock was most likely guido.  But, I knew it would be a serious put down if I accused guido of being Medlock.  You know, Medlock has no feelings, but I'm sure guido does.  And it's not like I hate the guy.

I have also personally suspected for some time that Guido was Medlock. Hmm.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 12:05:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

Sorry to disappoint, but, nope. I thought my recent posts re: river tax would have answered that question.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
MichaelC
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 12:14:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

Sorry to disappoint, but, nope. I thought my recent posts re: river tax would have answered that question.

Oh that definitely sounds like something Medlock would say, if he wanted us to believe he wasn't Medlock.

Just jackin with you guido.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 12:17:03 pm »

Was that a compliment or an insult to Guido?

I don't assume that Chris Medlock has an alias...you guys must all have a bunch of fake names.

Here I was thinking I was talking with dozens of informed posters, being read by hundreds of interested locals. Turns out it is just three guys named Sybil and a spybot program.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 12:31:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

quote:

Thanks Guido and I hope there’s no offence taken there.

I also don’t believe that the talking heads on radio and TV always actually believe the crap they spout, they just say whatever will earn ratings. I think Medlock is very guilty of that.

I never suspected you were he enough to say anything, you are just a conservative with a strong liberal streak in places. I’ve long suspected that Medlock was a liberal (or at least a moderate) that pretends to be conservative for ratings and to try to win elections.

Youth Ministers at All Souls Unitarian don’t just all of the sudden become a Republican politicians and born again Christian.
rwarn17588
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2007, 12:32:23 pm »

Yup. And I'm just a figment of your imagination.

I am on the Web, therefore I am.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:41 pm »

quote:

I don't assume that Chris Medlock has an alias...you guys must all have a bunch of fake names.

Here I was thinking I was talking with dozens of informed posters, being read by hundreds of interested locals. Turns out it is just three guys named Sybil and a spybot program.

Well, I'm totally deflated.  Since I haven't revealed my identity on the forum (though quite a few of the regulars know who I am) so most of you can consider my vocation, political leanings (pretty hard to figure out, eh?), my past, what I drive, my favorite ice cream, dog's name, sexual proclivities, etc. I guess I'm just a marginalized little turd.

Chris Mudlock just ruined my day. [Sad]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tim huntzinger
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »

quote:

quote:

. . . they just say whatever will earn ratings.

Youth Ministers at All Souls Unitarian don’t just all of the sudden become a Republican politicians and born again Christian.

I listen about ten minutes a morning, I wonder what their ratings are.  Do you think it is helping really?

See, Chris' response to the All Souls deal was that he was a conservative Republican even then.  Like joining the liberal PCUSA is much different.
rwarn17588
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 01:06:14 pm »

According to RadioandRecords.com, the latest ratings number, 3.4, has KFAQ at 12th in the Tulsa market, which is in the bottom half.

Not good in what's a medium-sized market to begin with.

Radio and Records has been around for more than 30 years, and it's owned by Nielsen, which knows a few things about media ratings.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 01:14:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

Well, I'm totally deflated.  Since I haven't revealed my identity on the forum (though quite a few of the regulars know who I am) so most of you can consider my vocation, political leanings (pretty hard to figure out, eh?), my past, what I drive, my favorite ice cream, dog's name, sexual proclivities, etc. I guess I'm just a marginalized little turd.

Chris Mudlock just ruined my day. [Sad]

Conan: Acceptance is the healthy first step..[Cheesy]

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 01:16:03 pm »

SWAKE:  "I[Y]ou are just a conservative with a strong liberal streak in places."

You nailed it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org