A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:30:32 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Be A Republican.....  (Read 12500 times)
iplaw
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 03:55:17 pm »

quote:
a war tailor-made to enrich Halliburton

[}:)]

This thread just keeps getting funnier and funnier...keep up the good work!
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 04:11:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

CF, I think the point to be learned from AA is that it's cool to be a pervert if you are a Democrat, but the hypocracy of a Republican doing it is far, far worse.  Get a rope...

...and get me Marion Berry's phone number, I'm out of crack.

Whatever makes you more comfortable in your state of denial about the dysfunctional GOP.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »

Wait!  I thought this was a war for oil?  Now it is a war to crimp the supply of oil thus raising prices and grossing higher returns for oil companies?

Given that logic, no matter what the outcome or reasoning for the war - you get to crow foul on the oil companies.  

No war?  Then obviously they are working with Saddam and that's why we refused to attack.

Independent Peaceful Iraq?  Clearly it was just setup to sell cheap oil to Bushes friends!

War going poorly?  Clearly it was staged so oil prices would rise!

Full pullout? Obviously an attempt to further destabilize the area and drive up the price of oil!

Military buildup?  More American lives at risk to protect their oil!

What, in the hell, is the correct course of action here that would not garner more conspiracy theories?  None.  So screw it.  You morons have given Bush a blank check to do whatever he wants.  No matter what you are going to howl and gnash your teeth, so screw it.

Thanks for that.  Those of us that only blame Bush for his plethora of stupid decisions are mitigated by you.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hometown
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 07:47:01 pm »

It’s Iplaw and the Reaganites, Tulsa’s own 80s Nostalgia band.
Little Gippers humming and strumming a verse of decades gone.
Your morning in America came and went, it’s well past noon and your capital spent.
The time has come and gone for “something for nothing, deficit spending and Mr. Laffler’s curve.”
Oh stay on message my shameful foes and behold, everything must pass.  Glory hallelujah!
Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 12:04:38 am »

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
iplaw
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 08:43:32 am »

Wow...this is all very sophisticated...

AA, can you even define the term fascism?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 08:43:48 am »

Double A, do you know what fascism is?

Strong state control of society AND the economy with a belief that the State is the most important entity (more important than the individual), often with hostility towards religion.

While certainly Bush has been a strong proponent of powerful government and arguably squashing individual rights, he has been far from controlling of the economy (see CAFTA) and definitely not anti religious.  He has made no attempt at dictatorial powers nor state control of companies.  

The fact that a democratic Congress was elected is a strong indication that a fascist is not in power.  The fact that he signed CAFTA.  The fact that capitalism has expanded.  The fact that he attempted to privatize SS and wants to keep medicine private (what faster way to grow government than nationalize health care?).

Anyway, kudos on clever clip art.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
iplaw
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 10:23:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Double A, do you know what fascism is?

Strong state control of society AND the economy with a belief that the State is the most important entity (more important than the individual), often with hostility towards religion.

While certainly Bush has been a strong proponent of powerful government and arguably squashing individual rights, he has been far from controlling of the economy (see CAFTA) and definitely not anti religious.  He has made no attempt at dictatorial powers nor state control of companies.  

The fact that a democratic Congress was elected is a strong indication that a fascist is not in power.  The fact that he signed CAFTA.  The fact that capitalism has expanded.  The fact that he attempted to privatize SS and wants to keep medicine private (what faster way to grow government than nationalize health care?).

Anyway, kudos on clever clip art.

I suppose it's clever.  You can find those pictures on any 9/11 conspiracy site.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 10:49:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

Thank you FOTD, I thought we had something in common.  Now I know we do.  Since 1980 the Republican Party has come close to destroying everything we cherish about life in the United States.  You’ve touched on many of the highlights but it is an incomplete list, so staggering are their many crimes.  It would probably come as a shock to provincial little old Tulsa that Republicans are arguably the most disliked group of people in the World.

Is what you have in common you're both older bourgeois homo-sexuals....

FOTD
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 11:45:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:

Thank you FOTD, I thought we had something in common.  Now I know we do.  Since 1980 the Republican Party has come close to destroying everything we cherish about life in the United States.  You’ve touched on many of the highlights but it is an incomplete list, so staggering are their many crimes.  It would probably come as a shock to provincial little old Tulsa that Republicans are arguably the most disliked group of people in the World.

Wow. How self revealing, burner. You're right up there with the other's in your political following. See number 1.
Hometown
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 12:23:45 pm »

Breadburner, you have mentioned my sexuality in the last five posts that you have directed at me.  The fact that you have fixated on this well known fact leads me to believe that you have issues with your own sexuality.  But you’ve never revealed much about yourself.  Come on Breadburner, take the plunge and share a little something with us.

Back at the ranch.

Maybe we can agree that both Republicans and Democrats work for the upper class.  But there is a significant difference:  Rich Democrats care about the health of their communities.  They see their own prosperity intrinsically linked to the prosperity and health of their communities.

iplaw
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 01:44:42 pm »

quote:
Rich Democrats care about the health of their communities.
Is that why, in virtually every survey taken, Republicans out give Democrats in charitable contributions nationwide?  I guess Democrats care, until it impacts their pocket book...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 02:12:43 pm »

The notion that group A hates people and group B loves people exemplifies that your political ideology is more akin to religion. That is to say it is a belief that you hold rather than a justified position.

Democrats are all warm and fuzzy and care about people.

Republicans are cold and evil and hate every thing.

Wow, just that easy.  Amazing that 40% of the country is cold, evil and hateful.  Amazing still that even when the 40% that are fuzzy are in charge things still suck, there are still scandals, and nothing really changes.

If you are that closed minded there is little point trying to intelligently discuss with you.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 04:48:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:

Wow. How self revealing, burner. You're right up there with the other's in your political following. See number 1.

Hey..He was the one that brought it up....I was just asking a simple question....Not to mention the fact where did I say anything bad about ones sexual preference....Do you have a walk-in closet Ax....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 04:58:20 pm »

quote:

Breadburner, you have mentioned my sexuality in the last five posts that you have directed at me.  The fact that you have fixated on this well known fact leads me to believe that you have issues with your own sexuality.  But you’ve never revealed much about yourself.  Come on Breadburner, take the plunge and share a little something with us.

Back at the ranch.

Maybe we can agree that both Republicans and Democrats work for the upper class.  But there is a significant difference:  Rich Democrats care about the health of their communities.  They see their own prosperity intrinsically linked to the prosperity and health of their communities.

I'm a Lezbeain...Sorry to disappoint....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org