A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:20:13 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Be A Republican.....  (Read 12470 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 05:06:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

Thank you FOTD, I thought we had something in common.  Now I know we do.  Since 1980 the Republican Party has come close to destroying everything we cherish about life in the United States.  You’ve touched on many of the highlights but it is an incomplete list, so staggering are their many crimes.  It would probably come as a shock to provincial little old Tulsa that Republicans are arguably the most disliked group of people in the World.

Is what you have in common you're both older bourgeois homo-sexuals....

BB sounds like a textbook Republican self loathing closet case.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Chicken Little
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:14 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

quote:
Rich Democrats care about the health of their communities.
Is that why, in virtually every survey taken, Republicans out give Democrats in charitable contributions nationwide?  I guess Democrats care, until it impacts their pocket book...

No.

From 2006 exit polls:

quote:
VOTE BY INCOME TOTAL Democrat Republican
Less Than $100,000 (78%) 55% 43%
$100,000 or More (22%) 47% 52%

A person with money to give would be more likely to vote Republican.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 05:20:02 pm »

BTW, charitable contributions are a tax deduction. Republicans hate paying their fair share of taxes. Do the math.

<center>
</center>
iplaw
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 09:30:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

quote:

quote:
Is that why, in virtually every survey taken, Republicans out give Democrats in charitable contributions nationwide?  I guess Democrats care, until it impacts their pocket book...

No.

From 2006 exit polls:

quote:

Are you hearing impaired?  I said that Republicans outgive Democrats in charitable contributions.  I didn't say a word about who makes more money.  

And BTW, Krugman is about as trustworthy as FOTD The Ax Man.
Chicken Little
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 10:11:32 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

From 2006 exit polls:

quote:

Are you hearing impaired?  I said that Republicans outgive Democrats in charitable contributions.  I didn't say a word about who makes more money.  

And BTW, Krugman is about as trustworthy as FOTD The Ax Man.

Look at your post; don't ask a question if you don't want an answer.  You were provided with a rational explanation for the disparity.  
So much for intelligent discourse.  Thanks, pal.

As for liberal economist Krugman, when you say he's "untrustworthy", I presume you have some examples.  So, let's see 'em.
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 10:19:50 am »

quote:

quote:

The only reason why its higher for Republicans is that 'charitable contributions' include tithing in ones own church.

I don't believe being guilted into giving money to politically motivated 'christian' institutions really proves one is more caring about their overall community.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 12:18:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by azbadpuppy

quote:

quote:

The only reason why its higher for Republicans is that 'charitable contributions' include tithing in ones own church.

I don't believe being guilted into giving money to politically motivated 'christian' institutions really proves one is more caring about their overall community.

Oh that's right. Giving money to our government in the form of taxes so it can carry out its social programs to assist the less fortunate is far more efficient and cost-effective than giving it to churches or Christian organizations.

You sound like another typical "have not", so eaten up with envy of wealthier people you make sh#t up like all those that tithe do so out of guilt. Here's an idea, just sit back and enjoy riding the gravy train the already higher tax paying members of society have given the "have nots."

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hometown
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 12:44:12 pm »

To see who cares about the well being of their communities, look at public policy and who originated it and who it benefits.

Like cold old New York, where concern for the well being of the community has been institutionalized and fully funded.  Who cares if New Yorkers won't give you the time of day, they know their government institutions will.  Talk about a safety net and not a bad place to make a penny or two either.  It is (still for now) the World's market place.

For my part, I would rather depend on government policy than the kindness of strangers.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 02:11:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

BTW, charitable contributions are a tax deduction. Republicans hate paying their fair share of taxes. Do the math.

People always bring this argument up.  It is very possibly the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard.

You do realize that a tax deduction REDUCES the amount of tax paid by, at most, whatever % would have been taken by tax?  So, at best you give away 64% of the money and "save" 36%.

Donation of $1,000,000:
$360,000 in tax savings
$640,000 additional given away

So to save $360K in taxes they give away another $640K?

There's the damn math.  Explain to me how they are saving money by giving away $1,000,000.00?

Seriously, if know of a way to make money by giving it away I would love to know.  In fact, people would pay you millions of dollars for this mysterious technique.

It also begs the question:  are democrats too stupid to give away money to make money (I think not)?  If they did, they could use the money they make from giving away money to give away more money which would make them more money - which they could give away!  Awesome!  Super tax loophole where you give away money to get more to give away.  Shortly, that leads to infinite wealth.  Woohoooo.

Do you ever think about the crap you post?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh that's right. Giving money to our government in the form of taxes so it can carry out its social programs to assist the less fortunate is far more efficient and cost-effective than giving it to churches or Christian organizations.

You sound like another typical "have not", so eaten up with envy of wealthier people you make sh#t up like all those that tithe do so out of guilt. Here's an idea, just sit back and enjoy riding the gravy train the already higher tax paying members of society have given the "have nots."

Yeah and giving money to the government so it can spend TRILLIONS of dollars to bomb and kill innocent people is incredibly 'efficient'.

Money for social programs is dwindling and will be virtually non existant in the near future if we continue the way the current administration is running things. Keep tithing and praying real hard and maybe you won't become ill or injured, unable to work or support yourself.

I don't believe in have's vs have nots. I don't judge myself or others by how much wealth or things someone posesses. I am perfectly comfortable and happy- thanks for caring though.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 04:31:05 pm »

blah blah blah.

Chicken Little
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 04:36:09 pm »

quote:

blah blah blah.

Impressive.  Did you look that one up?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 06:29:33 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah and giving money to the government so it can spend TRILLIONS of dollars to bomb and kill innocent people is incredibly 'efficient'.

Money for social programs is dwindling and will be virtually non existant in the near future if we continue the way the current administration is running things. Keep tithing and praying real hard and maybe you won't become ill or injured, unable to work or support yourself.

I don't believe in have's vs have nots. I don't judge myself or others by how much wealth or things someone posesses. I am perfectly comfortable and happy- thanks for caring though.

Attached is an exchange between Dana Perino and that mega hottie Helen Thomas, who takes the same idiot position you have taken on our soldiers (who by the way enlist, bleed, and sometimes die so you and others like the courageous Chicken Little can run their mouth) killing innocents

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2007/11/dana_perino_and_helen_thomas_s.html

Chicken Little
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 08:18:59 pm »

Yeah, whatever.  Dana Perino attacks an old lady with a claw hammer...awe-inspiring.

quote:
MS. PERINO: Helen, I find it really unfortunate that you use your front-row position bestowed upon you by your colleagues to make such statements.
Who the f*ck cares about Perino's opinion?  She lies for the President...just like the Tone-ster before her...and Scotty...and Ari.  A person with honor would never take that job.  She's merely the latest good-for-nothing to plant a flag on top of Mount Bullsh*t, and apparently, a sanctimonious blowhard to boot.  No wonder you like her.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 08:23:43 pm »

quote:

Yeah, whatever.  Dana Perino attacks an old lady with a claw hammer...awe-inspiring.

quote:
MS. PERINO: Helen, I find it really unfortunate that you use your front-row position bestowed upon you by your colleagues to make such statements.
Who the f*ck cares about Perino's opinion?  She's lies for the President...just like the Tone-ster before her...and Scotty...and Ari.  A person with honor would never take that job.  She's merely the latest good-for-nothing to plant a flag on top of Mount Bullsh*t, and apparently, a sanctimonious blowhard to boot.  No wonder you like her.

SNAP!

<center>
</center>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org