A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:18:16 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bates offers Constructive Criticism  (Read 12851 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 11:37:13 am »

quote:
Originally posted by David Arnett

There once was a public policy priate named Bates
Who tried to disco issues on skates
He fell on his cutless
And now he is nutless
And pretty much worthless in debates.

I'd love to see Arnett and Bates run against each other for public office. Arnett's concession speech would be priceless.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 01:47:37 pm »

Pretty classless claptrap from someone making a living off taxpayer money, don't you think?

Apparently Bates can't be too bad on presenting an issue or "worthless in a debate" as the man said.  In case no one noticed, Arnett's side lost on the river vote.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tim huntzinger
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 02:17:54 pm »

Batesline had 3x more traffic last month than Arnutt . . .
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 03:07:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Pretty classless

I tend to agree.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Wrinkle
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 11:43:35 pm »

You'd think someone who tries to represent freedom of speech in one of its' most pure forms would be a bit more sensitive to those who use it in a genuine attempt to help make things better.

Turns out he is failing at both, and exhibits it to everyone. That one, however, should cost him the public portion of his salary.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 11:59:34 pm »

I see the post in question was removed.  I'll lay 100:1 odds it wasn't a moderator who removed it either.  DoubleA, don't you dare edit or remove your last post. [}:)]

Honestly, I do like David in person, but some of the crap that spews forth from his keyboard is well, just that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 10:51:44 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I see the post in question was removed.  I'll lay 100:1 odds it wasn't a moderator who removed it either.  DoubleA, don't you dare edit or remove your last post. [}:)]

Honestly, I do like David in person, but some of the crap that spews forth from his keyboard is well, just that.

I understand David removed it himself.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
tim huntzinger
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 11:37:24 am »

Did David send me the stats from Tulsa Connect, too?

What is wrong with that guy?  Vision, were you hard up when you hired him or did he have pics or what?

Pot kettle thing, I know, but still . . .
Wrinkle
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 03:00:07 pm »

HE'S GONE

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:47 pm »

Arent Arnett and 'Vision 2025' one in the same?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tim huntzinger
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 03:19:53 pm »

What a freak.  He touched up his eye color.

Oh. And Batesline gets more traffic than the Toady.
rwarn17588
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 03:53:45 pm »

He fell on his cutless
And now he is nutless

<end clip>

Might as well keep this one going. [}:)]

The timing of the announcement that he's leaving the public-information job and the fact he sent an immature message on a public forum the day before seems awfully curious.

Sorta like Richard Roberts ... did he leave, or was he pushed?
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

He fell on his cutless
And now he is nutless

<end clip>

The timing of the announcement that he's leaving the public-information job and the fact he sent an immature message on a public forum the day before seems awfully curious.

I would tend to think it has more to do with now being superfluous to the role of PMG.

He worked to get the Vision 2025 sales tax passed 4 years ago.  Most are those V-2025 projects are completed, or like the downtown Arena, are nearing their completion.  

However, the Tulsa County taxpayers will still be paying for them long afterward, for the next NINE years, until 2017.

He then strongly supported and campaigned for the OurRiverTax sales tax campaign, which eventually the voters turned DOWN last October.

Therefore, his near-term usefulness to the MetroChamberPots and local ruling Oligarchy Familias may temporarily be at a hiatus.  

We may as a result see an increase in his productivity over at www.tulsatoday.com.

Let's wish him well, and hope that he and Michael Bates at www.batesline.com can shake hands and mend their differences.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 04:53:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

He fell on his cutless
And now he is nutless

<end clip>

I would tend to think it has more to do with now being superfluous to the role of PMG.

He worked to get the Vision 2025 sales tax passed 4 years ago.  Most are those V-2025 projects are completed, or like the downtown Arena, are nearing their completion.  

However, the Tulsa County taxpayers will still be paying for them long afterward, for the next NINE years, until 2017.

He then strongly supported and campaigned for the OurRiverTax sales tax campaign, which eventually the voters turned DOWN last October.

Therefore, his near-term usefulness uselessness to the MetroChamberPots and local ruling Oligarchy Familias may temporarily be at a hiatus.  

We may as a result see an increase in his productivity over at www.tulsatoday.com.

Let's wish him well, and hope that he and Michael Bates at www.batesline.com can shake hands and mend their differences.

There, fixed your post.  You can bet he will keep on being irrelevant and bombastic from the bully pulpit.

Chicken Little
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 10:59:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

He touched up his eye color.
Noticed that; I thought it was pretty cool.  But if you are going to go to all of that trouble, you should do like, laser beams and p-shop in some librul's running around with their hair on fire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org