A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:16:44 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor has it Randi "Brain Candy" Miller...  (Read 11940 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« on: November 30, 2007, 07:22:23 pm »

will change her voter registration before she seeks re-election. She better change it to Independent. The Democratic Party is the big tent party, but we refuse to allow our party to become the dumping ground for scandal plagued Republican rejects.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
tim huntzinger
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:39:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

will change her voter registration before she seeks re-election. She better change it to Independent. The Democratic Party is the big tent party, but we refuse to allow our party to become the dumping ground for scandal plagued Republican rejects.

Ha ha! You will not be able to do anything about it if she does.  And what scandal are you referring to? She has not been 'rejected' by the GOP - yet, in fact she has quite a successful operation going.  Losing to an incumbent in a primary can hardly be called 'rejected.'
rwarn17588
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:39:52 pm »

Randi would be pretty stupid to change from Republican to Democrat.

Tulsa County is overwhelmingly Republican, and she's unpopular enough as it is.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:51:22 pm »

Either AA has some bum information or she's heard a heavy hitter running against her in the primaries.  Honestly, I think Virginia Jenner, Paul Tay, or Lawrence Kirkpatrick might be able to unseat her at this point (assuming Virginia and Lawrence are still kicking around).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:21:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Either AA has some bum information or she's heard a heavy hitter running against her in the primaries.  Honestly, I think Virginia Jenner, Paul Tay, or Lawrence Kirkpatrick might be able to unseat her at this point (assuming Virginia and Lawrence are still kicking around).

Tay's running for Council District 9. That wouldn't rule out a run for the County Commission, though.

<center>
</center>
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 01:33:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

quote:

Ha ha! You will not be able to do anything about it if she does.  And what scandal are you referring to? She has not been 'rejected' by the GOP - yet, in fact she has quite a successful operation going.  Losing to an incumbent in a primary can hardly be called 'rejected.'

Medlock get more votes in that race than Miller. She's damaged goods, everybody knows it and nobody wants to claim her.

<center>
</center>
tim huntzinger
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:14:25 am »

I am certainly not here to defend her, but what damage or what scandals are you referring to?  And there was no runoff in the primary so statistically it does not matter if Chris got more votes does it? What did the Dems do to rid itself of Gene Stipe? What is this mess with Kevin Easley all about? How does it feel to have a Mayor who apparently holds dual citizenship? And Lady Kathy voted how many times in the Presidential? Have you checked out Obama's real estate dealings lately? What about Hillary and all her Chinese benefactors? You all about that?

The Dem and GOP are the reason our City, State, and Country are in trouble.  They are the problem.  This kind of 'my party is better because we do not have such-and-such' is not going to cut it.  Another Party is not going to help.

What scandal are you referring to? What makes Miller 'damaged goods'? Careful, now . . .
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

I am certainly not here to defend her, but what damage or what scandals are you referring to?  And there was no runoff in the primary so statistically it does not matter if Chris got more votes does it? What did the Dems do to rid itself of Gene Stipe? What is this mess with Kevin Easley all about? How does it feel to have a Mayor who apparently holds dual citizenship? And Lady Kathy voted how many times in the Presidential? Have you checked out Obama's real estate dealings lately? What about Hillary and all her Chinese benefactors? You all about that?

The Dem and GOP are the reason our City, State, and Country are in trouble.  They are the problem.  This kind of 'my party is better because we do not have such-and-such' is not going to cut it.  Another Party is not going to help.

What scandal are you referring to? What makes Miller 'damaged goods'? Careful, now . . .

Let's see Guy, how about the UnFairgrounds, ORU, the Buchert affair, just to name a few? How's that Mr. No, No, No? It's bad enough Democrats have to claim Kathy Taylor. The party can't afford the liability of claiming Randi Miller, too. Careful, now? Or what? Bring it on, beyotch.

<center>
</center>
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 12:56:52 pm »

What makes a person a democrat or a republican? I believe it is because they identify themselves as such. They feel an affinity for the leaders in that party or agree with a stance that party has taken. But people do change their views and sometimes the political party does as well.

DoubleA...you have attacked Kathy Taylor since the primary when she was opposed by your candidate, Don McCorkle. Kathy has always been registered as a democrat, but McCorkle was president of the Young Republicans when he was a student at TU. Now you act like you speak for all democrats in what makes them "real democrats". You don't.

There are also examples of republican minded folks leaving their party and supporting Ross Perot because of fiscal irresponsibility and democrats who voted for Ralph Nader because the democrats wouldn't take on corporate polluters.

I am not agreeing with Tim that the reason the city, county and the country is because of the political parties. There are members of both parties who disagree with parts of the party platform. I know environmental republicans who are members of labor unions and I know democrats who are pro-life and demand less governmental control.

The real problems that we face include racism, education, sustainability, fiscal responsibility and public safety among others. They are not necessarily partisan in nature, but could be solved by bi-partisan political will.

Power is nothing till you use it.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 01:31:30 pm »

IMO, referring to a woman as "damaged goods" is sexist, and not something that a good Democrat would do.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

IMO, referring to a woman as "damaged goods" is sexist, and not something that a good Democrat would do.

He insults all female elected officials...look at the title of the thread...I am sure "brain Candy" was not a compliment.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 08:15:46 am »

'Damaged goods' does have a certain connotation to it.  With that and the 'Buchert' smear, what is she to conclude but that she has been defamed?  That would be my point about 'careful,' AA.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 10:21:53 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Tay's running for Council District 9. That wouldn't rule out a run for the County Commission, though.

PT has enough personalities or voices in his head that he could do both.  Pimp the city and the county, if you will.

Tay could run for TCCD 9 and Santa could run for County Commissioner.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 09:01:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

What makes a person a democrat or a republican? I believe it is because they identify themselves as such. They feel an affinity for the leaders in that party or agree with a stance that party has taken. But people do change their views and sometimes the political party does as well.

DoubleA...you have attacked Kathy Taylor since the primary when she was opposed by your candidate, Don McCorkle. Kathy has always been registered as a democrat, but McCorkle was president of the Young Republicans when he was a student at TU. Now you act like you speak for all democrats in what makes them "real democrats". You don't.

There are also examples of republican minded folks leaving their party and supporting Ross Perot because of fiscal irresponsibility and democrats who voted for Ralph Nader because the democrats wouldn't take on corporate polluters.

I am not agreeing with Tim that the reason the city, county and the country is because of the political parties. There are members of both parties who disagree with parts of the party platform. I know environmental republicans who are members of labor unions and I know democrats who are pro-life and demand less governmental control.

The real problems that we face include racism, education, sustainability, fiscal responsibility and public safety among others. They are not necessarily partisan in nature, but could be solved by bi-partisan political will.

Wonder when some smart-boy will figure out that the reason Mayor Kathy Taylor declines her $105K Tulsa mayoral salary is simply because:

She is still legally a FLORIDA resident?  

If she elected to take the Tulsa mayoral salary, that would provide her with Oklahoma income, and she would then have to file a pro-rata instate return for the State of Oklahoma for the $105K in Oklahoma earnings.

She's a Florida resident.  Land of NO STATE INCOME Tax for Mr. Lobeck wealthy husband of Ms. Home-Wrecker Kathy.  That's the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the living room of her $31 million house, that nobody bothers to see.

[:O]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:05 pm »

Friendly Bear...that honey you have been eating must have turned into mead.

Your theory has one big flaw...before this job she actually worked for the State of Oklahoma and kept the salary.

Why would you make up stupid stuff?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org