A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:19:51 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You Mayor Taylor  (Read 3320 times)
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« on: December 18, 2007, 10:04:47 pm »

Since I am one her biggest critics, I think I should be the one to say it. I think she's managed  this disaster very well. Kudos, Mayor. Well done.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang! That ice storm must have been bigger than I thought. Reached clear down to "heck" and froze it over too.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
inteller
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:35:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Since I am one her biggest critics, I think I should be the one to say it. I think she's managed  this disaster very well. Kudos, Mayor. Well done.

OMG she's got you fooled.  I guess you shed a tear when you saw her at the city council meeting with frazzled hair and no makeup.  

I feel sympathy for sick puppies lying on the side of the road too, but then I run them over to put them out of their misery.[}:)]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:57:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

OMG she's got you fooled.  I guess you shed a tear when you saw her at the city council meeting with frazzled hair and no makeup.  

I feel sympathy for sick puppies lying on the side of the road too, but then I run them over to put them out of their misery.[}:)]

Your sense of humor alludes me...

While AA's comment suprises me, I believe it to be accurate.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

Your sense of humor alludes me...

While AA's comment suprises me, I believe it to be accurate.

Just because I criticize the Mayor for poor public policy priorities, (One Tech, River Tax, etc.) doesn't mean I won't give her credit when she does something right for a change. Don't think this means I'll ever vote for her or support her, not a chance.

<center>
</center>
Chicken Little
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:35:27 am »

Getting the disaster declaration so quickly (in just over a week) is huge.  That's more a Henry and Bush thing, but it's good news for us.  Our FEMA dollars will now pay all of those out-of-state AEP guys and tree trimmers, and a disaster cleanup firm for limb pick up, which apparently, Taylor is already looking at.  

Inspecting properties for damaged electrical services was also a good move.  A lot of people, elderly, etc., are going to be in a tight spot over this.  Whether FEMA helps out on that or not, it's good that they are on it.  I know it seems crazy that somebody might abandon a property over a $1,500 electric bill, but stuff like that happens.

We could be close to normal in a month or so.  I think she, and everybody else who helped, did a good job.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:42:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

Getting the disaster declaration so quickly (in just over a week) is huge.  That's more a Henry and Bush thing, but it's good news for us.  Our FEMA dollars will now pay all of those out-of-state AEP guys and tree trimmers, and a disaster cleanup firm for limb pick up, which apparently, Taylor is already looking at.  

Inspecting properties for damaged electrical services was also a good move.  A lot of people, elderly, etc., are going to be in a tight spot over this.  Whether FEMA helps out on that or not, it's good that they are on it.  I know it seems crazy that somebody might abandon a property over a $1,500 electric bill, but stuff like that happens.

We could be close to normal in a month or so.  I think she, and everybody else who helped, did a good job.

As I understand it, AEP doesn't get a FEMA dime since they are a for-profit entity.
spoonbill
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 10:52:37 am »

I too think she did a good job.  She represented Tulsa very well in the media.  

I think Gov Henry did poorly as usual.  This Hawaii trip is his 9th week long trip of the year.  I know that Governors travel and represent their states, but last year, one of the organizations, that I give a great deal of money too and sit on the board of, sent him to China to visit our sister city and "represent" Tulsa.

He took his family and disappeared on several private excursions  including a negotiation with a manufacturing plant on behalf of one of his OKC corporate friends.  He fulfilled none of his planned duties on the trip. . . and he set the wheels in motion for a long term OKC product to be manufactured in China for a fraction of the price.

I have heard similar stories from other groups sponsoring his travel.  He is really enjoying his position.

My hat's off to Mayor Taylor.  I may not be a fan, but I respect a job well done.  Keep it up and you may swoon me!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:02:42 am »

I'll jump on the bandwagon and saw she did a very good job.

Will we get the $500,000 per person that New Orleans got?  I think $300 billion in the local economy would help us out a lot.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 04:27:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I'll jump on the bandwagon and saw she did a very good job.

Will we get the $500,000 per person that New Orleans got?  I think $300 billion in the local economy would help us out a lot.

Problem is she'd probably try to spend it on the River. I think our elected officials should follow the example of Robert Kerr after the floods, and use this disaster as an opportunity to leverage federal funding to revolutionize and modernize Oklahoma's electrical grid to make it the best in the nation, like our flood control infrastructure.

I think our Insurance Commissioner Kim Holland should be pushing for  insurance companies to cover tree removal as a standard part of property insurance policies or just outright require it, too.

<center>
</center>
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 04:44:52 pm »

I just want my FEMA mastercard so I can go hang out at Night Trips.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 08:13:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I just want my FEMA mastercard so I can go hang out at Night Trips.

Night Trips is crap.  At least blow it at Ritz where they get completely nekkid.[}:)]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org