A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 03:15:06 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In imputation of KFAQ  (Read 6310 times)
Chicken Little
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:31:31 am »

Radio station retracts remarks
KFAQ says comments by former talk-show host Michael DelGiorno were not true.

Tulsa World Story

quote:
Christiansen, who operates an aviation business, said that on one tape of the radio program, DelGiorno said he "looked forward to the day he ruined me, and it was his job to say it over and over again until people believe it."

OU sports dropped KFAQ, some say, because of this horse poo.  I don't know much about Christianson, but, bully for him and bully for OU for showing the value of smear tactics and "truthiness".  For those of you who ain't so good with cipherin', it's a negative number.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:40:48 am »

KFAQ should apologize to all of us for Michael DelGiorno.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:26:46 am »

Del Giorno wasn't a commentator, he was an entertainer/actor.

He picked the wrong tree to piss on when he went after Christiansen.  Anyone I know who has done business with Bill, including myself, thinks very highly of him and his sense of ethics.

Glad to see this over and done with.  I still smile every time I think of MaDoG being represented by that "evil" Democrat Doug Dodd.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:38:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

He picked the wrong tree to piss on when he went after Christiansen.  Anyone I know who has done business with Bill, including myself, thinks very highly of him and his sense of ethics.

Glad to see this over and done with.  I still smile every time I think of MaDoG being represented by that "evil" Democrat Doug Dodd.

Go hang around Jones Riverside Airport for a while, and you'll easily find plenty of Bill Christiansen detractors.  

And not JUST at Roadhouse Aviation.

Bill's speaking coach is apparently helping him with his sissy-sounding lisp, apparently with higher office in mind.

Michael del Giorno used to hit that one side-splitting hard.  Remember?

Maybe he was hinting that Bill was gay?

A former Marine, gay?

IMPOSSIBLE.

[8D]

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

quote:

Go hang around Jones Riverside Airport for a while, and you'll easily find plenty of Bill Christiansen detractors.  

Bill's speaking coach is apparently helping him with his sissy-sounding lisp, apparently with higher office in mind.

A former Marine, gay?

IMPOSSIBLE.

[8D]

Always a love filled Bear, always with the personal attacks.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 12:01:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

quote:

A former Marine, gay?

IMPOSSIBLE.

[8D]

How is wondering if someone is possibly Gay a PERSONAL ATTACK?

Makes no difference to me whether the rumor is true or not.

It MIGHT make a difference to his wife and children, though.  

Or, maybe not......

[Wink]
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 12:14:40 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A former Marine, gay?

IMPOSSIBLE.

[8D]

Or, maybe not......

[Wink]

Attacks:

“you'll easily find plenty of Bill Christiansen detractors” Since you provide no evidence of the truthfulness of this, it’s an attack

“sissy-sounding lisp” very much a personal attack

And if you don’t think inferring that someone who is a Republican elected official is gay, and again without evidence, then you don’t live in the real world.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:55:32 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A former Marine, gay?

IMPOSSIBLE.

[8D]

Or, maybe not......

[Wink]

Attacks:

“you'll easily find plenty of Bill Christiansen detractors” Since you provide no evidence of the truthfulness of this, it’s an attack

“sissy-sounding lisp” very much a personal attack

And if you don’t think inferring that someone who is a Republican elected official is gay, and again without evidence, then you don’t live in the real world.

Other than Kent Faith, who doesn't make his feelings about Bill Christiansen any secret, why would I want to out Bill's enemies from Jenks Riverside Airport?

So he could make good on the same promise he made about Roadhouse Aviation, to "run him out of business"?

And, does anyone NOT think Bill has a sissy-sounding lisp?

The speech coach is helping, though, don't you think?

Again, I genuinely like most Gays that I've met. They nearly all have at least one redeeming quality.......

[Tongue]

Chicken Little
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:25:15 pm »

You're a troll, FB.  IMO, this thread isn't even about Christiansen.  It's about insecure weirdos who smear poop all over themselves and others just to get some attention.  That's a metaphor (I hope) and a hint.

Trouble is, you aren't always talking out of yer petoot...just half the time.  But it's enough to make you a troll.  Work on it, man.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:52 pm »

FB, you obviously haven't hung around Riverside airport for any length of time.  I have and I've never heard any mass dissention about Christiansen Aviation or Lease-A-Plane.  It soundth like you are stharting to lithp out of your ath.

His business has been a cornerstone of the airport for years and grew due to his hard work, dedication, and first class customer service.  

Kent Faith came in with a chip on his shoulder and thought he ought to be able to compete against something which had become somewhat of an institution at the airport.  He couldn't and started crying foul and making allegations that there was something nefarious going on due to the owner being a city councilor.  

Christiansen's success has hardly been the result of a blank check and blind eye from the FAA.  There have been other FBO's which have co-existed peacefully at the airport for over 30 years with CA one of which was operated by a friend's family for a number of years.

I've taxied in and out of a lot of different FBOs at large and small airports around the country, and Riverside is fortunate to have an FBO operator who is on par with any around the U.S., including the corporate conglomerates.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Aa5drvr
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 05:04:26 pm »

Ive done business with both of them and think both of them have something positive to offer to the airport.  
Anyone who has been in aviation very long knows that to have the staying power that Chrisitansen has had at Riverside, Bill cant be all dishonest.  If he were, the truth would have caught up with him.  There is a fine line between shrewd and dishonest and I think some people have trouble making the distinction.
Im just glad we have and airport such as Riverside were prices are reasonable and the service is above average at both FBO's.

Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 05:55:44 pm »

quote:

FB, you obviously haven't hung around Riverside airport for any length of time.  I have and I've never heard any mass dissention about Christiansen Aviation or Lease-A-Plane.  It soundth like you are stharting to lithp out of your ath.

His business has been a cornerstone of the airport for years and grew due to his hard work, dedication, and first class customer service.  

Kent Faith came in with a chip on his shoulder and thought he ought to be able to compete against something which had become somewhat of an institution at the airport.  He couldn't and started crying foul and making allegations that there was something nefarious going on due to the owner being a city councilor.  

Christiansen's success has hardly been the result of a blank check and blind eye from the FAA.  There have been other FBO's which have co-existed peacefully at the airport for over 30 years with CA one of which was operated by a friend's family for a number of years.

I've taxied in and out of a lot of different FBOs at large and small airports around the country, and Riverside is fortunate to have an FBO operator who is on par with any around the U.S., including the corporate conglomerates.

Did anyone say MASS DISSENSION?

Not moi.

Remember the FAA Complaint:

Sign, Sign, everywhere a Sign.

BIG Christiansen Aviation sign.  

New rule for Roadhouse:  

You only get an itty, bitty sign for directing FBO transients.

Sign, Sign............

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 11:45:47 pm »

quote:

quote:

Did anyone say MASS DISSENSION?

Not moi.

Remember the FAA Complaint:

Sign, Sign, everywhere a Sign.

BIG Christiansen Aviation sign.  

New rule for Roadhouse:  

You only get an itty, bitty sign for directing FBO transients.

Sign, Sign............

"Go hang around Jones Riverside Airport for a while, and you'll easily find plenty of Bill Christiansen detractors."

"Plenty of...detractors" = mass dissention.

If Roadhouse had been there first, I bet they would have the big sign.  Look into the FAR's there might have been a change at some point because some dolt ran off a runway, distracted by a large sign somewhere or clipped a wing on another plane.

Unless you have concrete evidence of wrong-doing, it's nothing but smack.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 07:29:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

KFAQ should apologize to all of us for Michael DelGiorno.

Totally agree. He was an embarrassment to Tulsa. But hey, glad to know KFAQ is still carrying on his tradition...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
inteller
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 07:31:08 am »

Well, I'm not going to attack his business practices because frankly I could give a ****.

I will however level some criticism on him as a public official.  The dude is a RINO and a wishy washy turd.  He would have sold south Tulsa out on the IVI bridge in a heartbeat had it not been for someone stiring up a candidate to run against him.  It seems no matter what we do, we can't kick this louse out of district 8.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org