A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:30:57 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendation for bike repair shop  (Read 1987 times)
safetyguy
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:19:57 am »

While I haven't officially set a resolution to lose weight ( I didn't need a stinkin' resolution to figure that out.) I am thinking that one way I can start to get back in shape is to ride my bike. My quick looksy at the bike has made me figure out that I need new tires and probably just an overall tune up. I have even thought that if it's going to be a lot of money that it might be cheaper to buy a new bike ( I am not talking anything expensive like a Trek!!) This is the same bike that I had in college and it hasn't been ridden a whole lot since then, so I don't feel inclined to spend a lot of money on it if I am not going to ride it that often.

With that long winded intro, does anyone have suggestions on where I can get the bike fixed? (I live in South Tulsa/Jenks)
Thanks!
cks511
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:15 am »

Tom's at 71st and Peoria, excellent mechanic and nice people.

http://www.tomsbicycles.com/
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:12:21 pm »

I like G. Oscar on Main......

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 03:18:10 pm »

I've had very good dealings with Tom's over the years.  I like the people Adam has working for him at Lee's too, but I've never had my bike in to his shop for repairs.

Fixing bikes isn't rocket science, though it does require some specialized tools.  Park Tool has an excellent repair section that would give you an idea about whether you could do this yourself.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:13:51 pm »

I've used Tom's, Lee's, T-town Bikes and G. Oscar.  If you just want a tune-up and some new tires, G. Oscar will give you the best price...and you'll get his experienced hands on your bike, and not some 20-year-old kid.  (I always go to him to get my wheels trued up...it seems to be an art that not every kid who works at a bike shop has learned.) He has the lowest overhead of anyplace in town...and the coolest/funkiest shop.  

If you want the best selection of the latest equipment, you'll probably want to purchase it somewhere else.  Adam at Lee's is great, but he's usually too busy to do the actual work on your bike.  I really like Tom's of Riverside, b/c Tom is right there and he'll help you.  Also think Tom's is more affordable than Lee's.  I used to buy a lot of stuff at T-town bikes, but haven't been there in a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org