A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:24:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: map of debris removal  (Read 2530 times)
we vs us
City Father

« on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:42 am »

This is the city's map of ongoing debris removal.  Gives you a good sense of what still needs to be done. Turns out, lots!  Warning, it's a .pdf.

Also, the city's homepage has a good summary of efforts so far.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:41:50 pm »

Thanks for posting that.  I'm curious how they prioritized that.  It didn't escape me that the Maple Ridge and Philbrook areas are amongst the first.  Granted, I did see higher piles of limbs in some of those areas, but the image of the wealthy being served first will piss some people off.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 02:01:49 pm »

I'm glad to hear about the "first pass, second pass" thing.  While I'm eager for the city to pick up the pile I've already accumulated in my front yard, I may have to cut down a tree...and was hoping I wouldn't have to pay someboday to haul it all off.  (A "first pass" truck is headed my way...they're working two doors down, and they'll get to my yard before I can get the tree cut down.)  Glad I'll get another chance.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 02:23:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Thanks for posting that.  I'm curious how they prioritized that.  It didn't escape me that the Maple Ridge and Philbrook areas are amongst the first.  Granted, I did see higher piles of limbs in some of those areas, but the image of the wealthy being served first will piss some people off.

Yeah.  You wonder about their criteria, don't you?
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:50:27 pm »

quote:

Not all of the residents of these areas are among the "wealthy," and they also were the very last to get their power back on.  But I understand your observation that perception can be just as divisive as fact.
waterboy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:33:42 pm »

Yeah, we waited a full 7 days to get our power in what they call North Maple Ridge (in reality we are the original maple ridge with the most per capita wealth, they are Sunset terrace to the south). When I looked at the map yesterday....we are in the "later" area. We also were not even considered for underground lines.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

Yeah.  You wonder about their criteria, don't you?

My neighborhood is in the first priority area and we are certainly not part of the wealthy.

I think we were chosen first based on our good looks.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org