A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 04:30:10 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found a site Tony D. Baker built 1877gojunk.com  (Read 3599 times)
buzz words
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:53:40 pm »

What do you think?   Is this something that captures your attention? How much did this cost?    http://www.18774gojunk.com/
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

What do you think?   Is this something that captures your attention? How much did this cost?    http://www.18774gojunk.com/

Why are you spamming our forum?  If Xeal wants to get into the forum spamming business, it would be a good idea to not do it in a local forum that would actually recognize them in a negative manner.

buzz words
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:46:52 pm »

i have used this site as a way to learn my market.  And the majority of people are ok with it.  read my previous blogs
spoonbill
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:38:59 am »

Go Junk!

That's a crappy site.  The minute a flash banner comes floating across my screen I shut-er-down.

O'l Tony has crossed the line to "used car salesman" tactics online!

A Marketing Clown!
inteller
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:59:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

Go Junk!

That's a crappy site.  The minute a flash banner comes floating across my screen I shut-er-down.

O'l Tony has crossed the line to "used car salesman" tactics online!

A Marketing Clown!

that line was crossed a long time ago.  I think you cross that line when you start criticizing Google as censoring "conservative" websites and start putting ads on KFAQ.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 07:24:50 am »

quote:

Hopefully not more than $200-$300
inteller
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 09:00:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

Hopefully not more than $200-$300

hahaha...I'm sure we would be shocked at the real rates.

I'll give them credit though, they have the market cornered on serving idiots who have no business sense or internet literacy but think they have the next great idea.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 09:54:33 am »

I think it is about time someone took out the ban stick.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Really, for a contact page with no real flash, cart, or anything else. You shouldn't spend more than a couple hundred.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 10:37:05 am »

I was making better looking, and functioning, web sites than that back when I was working for OSU in 1995 and was writing them all in HTML 3.2 using notepad.
inteller
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 10:37:56 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Really, for a contact page with no real flash, cart, or anything else. You shouldn't spend more than a couple hundred.

don't tell the thousands of freelance turds here in town that.  You'll cause them to go out of business and actually have to find a REAL job, like an MCSE, real estate agent, or some other cert mill job.

the web page design cottage industry in this town is pathetic really.  if you put forth the work I see around here in a big town like dallas or denver you'd be laughed out of town.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 01:00:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

don't tell the thousands of freelance turds here in town that.  You'll cause them to go out of business and actually have to find a REAL job, like an MCSE, real estate agent, or some other cert mill job.

the web page design cottage industry in this town is pathetic really.  if you put forth the work I see around here in a big town like dallas or denver you'd be laughed out of town.

I'm on of those aforementioned freelancers except I only do it in my free time and at real prices. I see people doing one page sites for a grand and it blows my mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org