A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:19:47 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Carolina Primary  (Read 7584 times)
waterboy
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 10:03:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

But I actually thought Edwards did all right last night.  I thought he did better than he has in the past.  He did better than Clinton, IMO.

They are saying he actually won the debate for what that's worth. But the press was all about Clinton/Obama so in effect they won. Edwards may gain strength in the backstretch as people realize that they are electing BOTH Clintons. That will be polarizing and we've had 8 years of that stuff. Obama/Edwards or Edwards/Obama ticket would be powerful.
inteller
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:19:43 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

But I actually thought Edwards did all right last night.  I thought he did better than he has in the past.  He did better than Clinton, IMO.

They are saying he actually won the debate for what that's worth. But the press was all about Clinton/Obama so in effect they won. Edwards may gain strength in the backstretch as people realize that they are electing BOTH Clintons. That will be polarizing and we've had 8 years of that stuff. Obama/Edwards or Edwards/Obama ticket would be powerful.

I could support an Edwards/Obama ticket.  I could not support it the other way around.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 10:49:40 am »

Obama has sure seemed to whine a lot about how his opponent distorts.

He plays the victim card quickly, but it seems to always make the news so it must be working for him.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:40 am »

I thought it was funny how O was making The Witch's eyeballs pop out of her head during last night's debate.  Do not agree he was whining, he destroyed Hillary on every level last night.
inteller
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:50:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

I thought it was funny how O was making The Witch's eyeballs pop out of her head during last night's debate.  Do not agree he was whining, he destroyed Hillary on every level last night.

he whined so he wouldn't have to talk about issues.

Edwards stayed above it all and talked about issues that people want to hear.  Too bad he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 12:40:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Obama has sure seemed to whine a lot about how his opponent distorts.

He plays the victim card quickly, but it seems to always make the news so it must be working for him.

I don't think Obama has ever portrayed himself as a victim--something I truly respect him for.  Clinton is the one that cried.  Perhaps he wouldn't complain so much if Clintons didn't distort so much.  

I don't see the same issues between he and Edwards.  I am glad that Edwards hasn't stooped to Karl Rove like tactics.

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 07:03:49 pm »

I missed the debate - completely forgot.  I think I was distracted by American Gladiators.  Anybody have a link to a vid of the debate?

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 07:14:12 pm »

I believe you can download it off of CNN.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 07:26:39 pm »

C-span has the entire debate on RealPlayer, YouTube has cuts, and CNN has podcasts/downloads. Worth every second!
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23:04 pm »

Thanks, found it here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/21/videos.debate/index.html

Now that was nasty!

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »

Obama sure did well in South Carolina tonight.

I predicted Edwards would get just under 20% and he got 18%. I thought Obama would win easily, but was a little surprised that he got 55%.

Almost every black person in South Carolina is a democrat and I think Obama has energized them to vote like never before. I think that bodes well for democratic candidates in the state in 2008, even if Obama isn't on the national ticket. Twice as many democrats voted tonight than voted in the election four years ago.

Obama also stands out from candidates from both parties in his pure stature and speech. He can communicate like few I have heard in my life, inspiring an amazing number of people of all races and both genders to suddenly stop and listen. His speech tonight was not the best I have heard from him, but it was mighty fine.

Edwards did a good speech tonight. He stays on point, fighting for the underpriviledged. I like the him the most of any of the three democrats, mostly because I really believe in that simple message. Yes, there are many issues; the war, the economy, health care, etc., but I want a President who fights for the people who could never be president. Maybe I am just a starry-eyed dreamer, but I believe him. I just can't believe that in the most powerful nation in the world, we have so many Americans so poor.

Hillary really gave up on South Carolina, sending her husband there and only showing up at the last minute. I think she just saved her money and energy. She made a point in leaving, doing her live "concession" speech from Nashville. She barely mentioned South Carolina, focusing her words on some dream of what our future can be. Her speech was underwhelming tonight, speaking softly, and only really doing well in her closing remarks.

She is going to be so far ahead in delegates after Super Tuesday, winning big in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Missouri, and Tennessee. All she has to do is stay out of trouble for the next nine days. That won't be easy, especially with a husband she can't muzzle.

FOTD
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 09:01:23 pm »

quote:

Obama sure did well in South Carolina tonight.

I predicted Edwards would get just under 20% and he got 18%. I thought Obama would win easily, but was a little surprised that he got 55%.

Almost every black person in South Carolina is a democrat and I think Obama has energized them to vote like never before. I think that bodes well for democratic candidates in the state in 2008, even if Obama isn't on the national ticket. Twice as many democrats voted tonight than voted in the election four years ago.

Obama also stands out from candidates from both parties in his pure stature and speech. He can communicate like few I have heard in my life, inspiring an amazing number of people of all races and both genders to suddenly stop and listen. His speech tonight was not the best I have heard from him, but it was mighty fine.

Edwards did a good speech tonight. He stays on point, fighting for the underpriviledged. I like the him the most of any of the three democrats, mostly because I really believe in that simple message. Yes, there are many issues; the war, the economy, health care, etc., but I want a President who fights for the people who could never be president. Maybe I am just a starry-eyed dreamer, but I believe him. I just can't believe that in the most powerful nation in the world, we have so many Americans so poor.

Hillary really gave up on South Carolina, sending her husband there and only showing up at the last minute. I think she just saved her money and energy. She made a point in leaving, doing her live "concession" speech from Nashville. She barely mentioned South Carolina, focusing her words on some dream of what our future can be. Her speech was underwhelming tonight, speaking softly, and only really doing well in her closing remarks.

She is going to be so far ahead in delegates after Super Tuesday, winning big in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Missouri, and Tennessee. All she has to do is stay out of trouble for the next nine days. That won't be easy, especially with a husband she can't muzzle.

Wanna bet.....
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 09:52:02 pm »

Sure.

I bet that Hillary wins every state I mentioned. I bet she is ahead after Super Tuesday in delegates.

Wadda ya want to bet?

FOTD
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »

quote:

Sure.

I bet that Hillary wins every state I mentioned. I bet she is ahead after Super Tuesday in delegates.

Wadda ya want to bet?

I bet if you're right, the next 4 years will be awful.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 10:05:23 pm »

Way to step up.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org