A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:26:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred Thompson has left the building  (Read 2504 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:44 pm »

Fred Thompson has quit the race for President.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/22/fred-thompson-quits-presi_n_82693.html

Will Rudy be next?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
iplaw
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:59:49 pm »

No.  He's in until Feb. 5
inteller
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:26:28 am »

no give it up, he is done.  Now go back romney or something.  Can't wait to see who Master Bates picks up the banner for.  His head might pop off if there is only a Mormon left to back.
iplaw
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:41:56 am »

Too much will happen between now and Feb. 5...Romney has little chance of securing the nomination, and Huckabee has a smaller chance than Romney.

Thompson's followers will end up in the Giuliani camp.

It will probably come down to a delegate stealing match with Giuliani and McCain trying to pull votes from the other former candidates.
inteller
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:48:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

Too much will happen between now and Feb. 5...Romney has little chance of securing the nomination, and Huckabee has a smaller chance than Romney.

It will probably come down to a delegate stealing match with Giuliani and McCain trying to pull votes from the other former candidates.

Well good, so we agree if McCain thumps Ghouliani in FL then it is all over.  Can't wait for that to happen so I can watch Coulter's head explode.
iplaw
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:51:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

Well good, so we agree if McCain thumps Ghouliani in FL then it is all over.  Can't wait for that to happen so I can watch Coulter's head explode.

I don't know how much "thumping" will be going on.  Thompson's exit and eventual pledge of support (to Giuliani I'm guessing) will surely have an effect on the voters...only time will tell.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:37:04 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:

I don't know how much "thumping" will be going on.  Thompson's exit and eventual pledge of support (to Giuliani I'm guessing) will surely have an effect on the voters...only time will tell.

You really think "Reaganite Fred" will endorse Rudy?  

After all the build-up to Fred entering the race it was very underwhelming once he did get in.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:25 am »

Why in the world would Fred endorse Rudy?

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:35:52 am »

Why would he not......

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:42:46 am »

Because he's not conservative enough? Pro choice, pro gun control, pro gay marriage. Maybe those issues weren't as important to Fred as I thought.

but, I could certainly be wrong though. I didn't mean for my previous response to seem argumentative if it came off that way, I was really just curious why some thought he'd endorse Rudy - I'm sure I must be missing something. I've not paid Rudy much attention.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 11:23:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsacyclist

Because he's not conservative enough? Pro choice, pro gun control, pro gay marriage. Maybe those issues weren't as important to Fred as I thought.

but, I could certainly be wrong though. I didn't mean for my previous response to seem argumentative if it came off that way, I was really just curious why some thought he'd endorse Rudy - I'm sure I must be missing something. I've not paid Rudy much attention.

I did not take it as argumentative....I was curious on your thoughts.....

rwarn17588
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:39:23 am »

I don't think it's wise to assume Giuliani will win Florida. The latest polls have him either in a distant second, or in fourth place there. And the trend lines aren't favorable, either.

http://www.pollster.com/08-FL-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

I'm pretty sure, that when we look back on all this, Giuliani will be on the short list of history's biggest presidential campaign flameouts. The guy was the prohibitive favorite of the GOP all summer and fall. And now he's getting beat by lowly Ron Paul in several primaries or caucuses.
rwarn17588
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:48:39 am »

BTW, Thompson has no immediate plans to endorse anybody.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/01/thompson_continues_to_mull_fut.html?hpid=topnews

But he is friends with McCain, which may or may not be significant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org