A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:39:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tribune loft sale prices?  (Read 11586 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by OKC_Shane

Seems like anything less than 200 per sq ft for downtown would be a good deal, but people who are going to pay are spending extra money on lifestyle, and they're gonna want to get their money's worth.

quote:
the plan to get rid of the downtown Y

As in YMCA? Why would that be a factor that would make downtown better to live in?

There's a transient "hotel" in the current Y. And the Y isn't leaving downtown, they are pursuing a new facility that will not include housing.

CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 05:49:41 pm »

I assume the building housing the Y is coming down?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 07:08:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by CoffeeBean

I assume the building housing the Y is coming down?

I don't know what the plans are for the current building, maybe a member of the downtown Y has some more information?

Anyone?
inteller
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 08:56:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by OKC_Shane

Seems like anything less than 200 per sq ft for downtown would be a good deal, but people who are going to pay are spending extra money on lifestyle, and they're gonna want to get their money's worth.

quote:
the plan to get rid of the downtown Y

As in YMCA? Why would that be a factor that would make downtown better to live in?

127 a sq ft in Philtower is a DEAL.  You are going to get the best view in Tulsa.
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 11:42:16 am »

I think the 127 quote referred to a 700sqft unit at the Tribune - unfinished.

--but I would agree, 127 at Philtower would be a steal (if only it were true).  

*sigh*

Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 05:43:31 pm »

quote:

I think the 127 quote referred to a 700sqft unit at the Tribune - unfinished.

--but I would agree, 127 at Philtower would be a steal (if only it were true).  

*sigh*

The 127 was indeed at the Tribune.  But it's a finished apartment.  Just not upgraded.  (Actually, I think the standard finish price might start a little lower than the $127 per square foot I posted earlier)

lsimmons
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:33 pm »

Last I heard they had at least one of the units with a contract. The penthouse, I think. I'll do some asking and see if I can get a full price layout if anyone is interested.

My company does work for theirs so I talk to ARG's employees daily.
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 06:54:52 pm »

Found a price list.  

Least Expensive:
$95,000 (not upgraded) - 673sqft = $141.16

Most Expensive:
$315,000 (not upgraded) - 1892sqft = $166.49

brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 08:28:15 pm »

when we looked a few weeks ago, none were under contract... the upgrade was really the only way to go...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:38 pm »

quote:

Found a price list.  

Least Expensive:

Most Expensive:

I think TulsaNow membership should buy the cheap one. If each of us 2,000 members would chip in five bucks, we could do it and have a little left over for some folding chairs, a poker table and a fondue set or two.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 06:28:29 am »

quote:

Found a price list.  

Least Expensive:

Most Expensive:

According to their tribunelofts.com, there are none of the 673 sq. ft. models "available."  I had presumed that the "from $95,000" price they were advertising was for floor plans actually available for sale, the smallest of which is 863 sq. ft.  Strikes me as quite dishonest to advertise a price for a product that is not available.  Deceptive Trade Practices Act anyone?

spoonbill
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 07:12:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Oil Capital

quote:

Found a price list.  

Least Expensive:

Most Expensive:

According to their tribunelofts.com, there are none of the 673 sq. ft. models "available."  I had presumed that the "from $95,000" price they were advertising was for floor plans actually available for sale, the smallest of which is 863 sq. ft.  Strikes me as quite dishonest to advertise a price for a product that is not available.  Deceptive Trade Practices Act anyone?

That's strange, because they are all still vacant, and until last week they were still attempting to get financing for the conversions.  None have been converted yet, so perhaps they are not going to make them available until they have been converted?  Donno?
booWorld
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 07:12:41 am »

I looked at the Tribune Lofts website this morning.  I found information on rental rates, but not purchases prices.  There is a contact listed for those interested in purchasing units.  Scroll to the bottom of their Availability page.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, you might as well forget the idea of buying a loft in the Tribune Building."
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 10:01:29 am »

For the love of god people, you're all on the Internet!  No need to speculate about the prices of NY realestate, just go look it up.

http://www.trulia.com/NY/New_York/

After a quick look, I can say with confidence that you are extremely unlikely to find anything for $400 sq/ft in NYC.  The AVERAGE price in the city is $1,347 per Sq. Foot in the last QT of 2007 (read: after drop).  If you want to get off the beaten path you can get a 1bd 1 bath in E. Harlem for a lowly $665 a foot.   Or if you want to spend $6000 per foot, we can take care of that easily enough too.  

Artist, the hell with Utica - I'm buying you one of these:
http://www.trulia.com/property/1050931575-23-E-22nd-St-PHA-New-York-NY
(pending financing)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 10:13:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:
Originally posted by Oil Capital

quote:

Found a price list.  

Least Expensive:

Most Expensive:

That's strange, because they are all still vacant, and until last week they were still attempting to get financing for the conversions.  None have been converted yet, so perhaps they are not going to make them available until they have been converted?  Donno?

as of three weeks ago, one unit was vacant and available for rental...

all of the units, even the occupied ones, were available for purchase...

the tenants had been put on notice that the units were being shown and they'd be placed under contract "for purchase" to whom ever provided a deposit first... as of three weeks ago, none of the renters had opted to convert to owners...

the financing for the conversion is pending the successful contracting for purchase of a predetermined number of the units...

at that time, the philtower had one smaller unit available for immediate rental... they have many contracts coming up in the next six months, as can be seen on their website...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org