A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:40:29 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Mentor disses Natalie Holloway.....  (Read 4576 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: January 28, 2008, 11:15:50 am »

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59887

FOTD
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:21:47 am »

Do you have a pastor?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:41:11 am »

I do...Should I get him in contact with Obama and his Mentor.....I think so....Could you get your Obama donation back and make it out to my Pastor's church...?

FOTD
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:45:14 am »

HUH?

Do you have but one mentor?

Were these the criteria you used in backing Bush?

I want to see the preachings of your pastor so I can have ammunition too. Level the debate.

Funny how this nonsense is finding it's way out at this very important moment in the history of our country.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:47:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

HUH?

I want to see the preachings of your pastor so I can have ammunition too. Level the debate.

Funny how this nonsense is finding it's way out at this very important moment in the history of our country.

Sounds like you like dishing it out AOX but can't take it. This forum has put up with your Bush-bashing, anti-conservative, anti-Republican posts for months as "FOTD" and God only knows by whatever other identity you have. Suck it up.

As far as Obama's "longtime friend and spiritual advisor['s]" "nonsense" comments go, Obama put them in play. Mitt Romeny has taken hits throughout his campaign because of his religion. Huckabee to a lesser degree. Should Obama get a pass?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 01:22:23 pm »

No matter, Obama does not put personal and spiritual beliefs in play against or for other candidates. It was a conceived attack by his opponents on his spiritual world which should be a righteous and personal matter.  

How Repugs drag each other around in the mud of religeous bigotry is their issue.
rwarn17588
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 01:24:45 pm »

I read the story, and I don't have a problem with what Obama's preacher said about Holloway.

I agree that attention to the Holloway story was been disproportionate, and that her death was likely self-inflicted.

And, hey, I've got friends in which I don't agree with everything they say, too. Big deal.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 01:40:18 pm »

Sound's like Obama's spiritual adviser is a bit of a Pulpit Shock Jock. Maybe that's why he's the spiritual adviser and not the political one.

The Holloway story was overhyped and this pastor was talking about it when it was a news story, almost 3 years ago.

I can't imagine that "getting too hyped up over a white girl" is a spiritual belief.
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 01:44:42 pm »

BREAKING: Jesus Christ to return to Earth to endorse Obama
The King of Kings to endorse Obama on Tuesday at a rally in Branson.
Critics play down the value of the endorsement.

By Sniffa
Published: January 27, 2008

Branson, MO - Stunning news from the Kingdom of Heaven, as Jesus has announced his long awaited return to Earth; though not to begin the Revelations, but to throw his considerable weight behind the candidacy of Barrack Obama, the Junior Senator from Illinois in his hard fought battle against Hillary Clinton for the Presidency.

The endorsement is a major coup for the Obama campaign, as the Huckabee camp had been actively seeking the Lord's backing. Reached for comment, Governor Huckabee congratulated the Senator on the endorsement, but then went on to question whether this was the one and true, Jesus, further ratcheting up the vitriol in an already, increasingly negative campaign.

"If one takes a look at where the endorsement is going to take place - Branson - one has to seriously question whether this is really the true Jesus, or is it the Mormon Jesus" said Huckabee. "And as I'm sure I don't need to remind you, Mormon Jesus is the brother of Satan. That's not a potato sack I wish to climb into."

The Clinton campaign was also quick to dismiss the endorsement. In a conference call with reporters, Chief Clinton strategist Mark Penn questioned whether the endorsement would make much of a difference.

"Look, when you take a step back and look at the big picture, this endorsement doesn't mean that much," opined Penn. "Polling trends have shown that church attendance have been on the wane for decades. And I'd also like to point out that Barrack Hussein Obama has claimed that this race is about the past versus the future. Well you can't get more in the past than 33 A.D."

Mark Penn went on to compare the Son of God unfavorably to Senator John Kerry's unsuccessful bid for the White House in 2004.

"Look, it doesn't surprise me that Jesus and Kerry have both decided to join the Obama camp," said Penn. "In 2004, Kerry didn't fight back against the swift boating, and Jesus didn't fight back against the Romans when they crucified him. You can expect the same response from Obama when the right wing smear machine gets going. Senator Clinton is the only candidate with the proven track record of fighting back."

The Obama campaign plans to release a statement later today.

Sniffa is a contributing writer to Democratic Underground.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4235844
Admit that's funny in this thread specifically!
grahambino
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

HUH?

Sounds like you like dishing it out AOX but can't take it. This forum has put up with your Bush-bashing, anti-conservative, anti-Republican posts for months as "FOTD" and God only knows by whatever other identity you have. Suck it up.

As far as Obama's "longtime friend and spiritual advisor['s]" "nonsense" comments go, Obama put them in play. Mitt Romeny has taken hits throughout his campaign because of his religion. Huckabee to a lesser degree. Should Obama get a pass?

]

If by 'this forum' you mean 'I'.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 03:42:13 pm »

quote:

+1

That's a whole lot of indignation for such teensy controversy.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 03:59:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:

quote:

HUH?

]

Oh, I'm sorry. I did know you shared FOTD/AOX's opinions. I will try to remember that.

grahambino
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:50 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:

quote:

HUH?

]

Oh, I'm sorry. I did know you shared FOTD/AOX's opinions. I will try to remember that.

FOTD does not speak for me, nor does Guido911.
Please remember that in case you decide to speak for 'this forum' again.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 04:50:12 pm »

quote:

Is that it? Get over it. And by the way, what about my original post was wrong? Does this guy consistently bash "repugs" in this forum? The answer is "Yes". Someone points out one thing about Obama, and FOTD just can't have it. In fact, his response even dovetails to an attack on Bush.

spoonbill
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 05:00:54 pm »

quote:

quote:

Is that it? Get over it. And by the way, what about my original post was wrong? Does this guy consistently bash "repugs" in this forum? The answer is "Yes". Someone points out one thing about Obama, and FOTD just can't have it. In fact, his response even dovetails to an attack on Bush.

Relax.  He's entertaining.  
FOTD never ceases to amuse me!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org